Eat It

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

The only thing I didn't like about Adam's special *which aired in '99, IIRC*, was he didn't play the whole video. He cut Eat It in half, but of course, he played his videos all the way through. Putz!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Why is it whenever they do a funny music special on these channels, they get the flavor of the month. Will anyone really remember Adam Sandler for his albums, or for his movies? The exact opposite is true for Al. Alot of people will remember him for his albums, and try to forget his movie. It just seems that since Al has been around for over 20 years, and is actually getting better and better as time goes on, they wont use him. He's "old school" as the kiddies say. I think if you wanna talk funny, get someone who is funny.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I think you've got something there, Mike, and the powers that be that make those decisions are just shooting themselves in the foot. Al has plenty of young and enthusiastic fans, and would have plenty more if he were seen and heard more often. There's quite a bit of information that suggests that young people (younger than myself... I feel so ancient whenever I use the phrase "young people") have more eclectic and adventurous tastes than ever, and are not willing to be boxed into nothing but the "flavor of the month." That's why so many don't bother much with mainstream radio-- the formats are so rigidly stratified. Eclectic and adventurous and quirky and high-quality.... those are all preferences that speak well for Al's future career viability, but I think we've begun to see with Poodle Hat that, while there isn't a problem with the quality of Al's work or with the receptiveness of his potential audience, there IS a marketing problem.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Exactly. We're still trying to forget Tom Arnold. He just won't let us :lol:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

I think the Eat It video was great. It was so cool to watch Al do the same exact moves as Michael Jackson.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

WEIRDALexis279 @ Apr 17 2004, 07:53 AM wrote: I think the Eat It video was great. It was so cool to watch Al do the same exact moves as Michael Jackson.
I agree.
In hiding since 2010
WeirdSimpsonFan
Occasional

Post by WeirdSimpsonFan »

Well, I'm young (13), so I can't remember Eat It coming out. Although, my intial (so it's spelled wrong, wanna fight about it? I don't.) reaction was awesome. Although, I have gotten a little bored with it. I like it in the medley. It fits well. I usaully skip it on In 3-D, but I always watch the video
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

The version of Eat It in Behind the Music, when they're talking about larger crowds, with the accordion in it and the deeper guitar...I'd love to hear that.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Remember the unplugged version of "Eat It"? That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SuperOy
Regular
Location: Living in your dandruff. It's quite pleasent there.

Post by SuperOy »

Eat It is Al's biggest single, chart wise, peaking at no. 12 in 1984.

source