Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

He who's tired of Weird Al is tired of life.

Moderator: Moderators

M3m3s3
Off The Deep End

Re: Al's Star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame

Post by M3m3s3 »

I just sent a donation. I also plan to try to fly out there for the ceremony. I'll have to look at my calendar once he settles on a date.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

yankochick38 wrote:Please let me know if I need to have an actual Paypal account to count as donating because Paypal hates me but I'll do it for the star. !!
PayPal is probably the easiest way for us at the moment, but If you are willing to donate and can't or don't want to use PayPal, I'd be happy to work with you on the payment method of your choice! Contact me with your preferred method and I'll work out the details with you.
stardrop wrote:TruScribe posted this lovely animation to celebrate :) I love their animations :)
https://twitter.com/TruScribeVideos/sta ... 3158810625" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great animation! Thanks for sharing.

I have an update on the star fund balance! The latest total that we can share with you all is... $24,888.26! We really appreciate all the donations that have come in since the big announcement but that's still far off from our goal of $40,000 so I need everyone to please spread the word and share among your friends and others who would be interested!

You can donate through our website www.WeirdAlStar.com or you can PayPal donations directly to [email protected]

:mahalo:
Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

A quick update to let you know the new running total is $25,333.16! Thanks to everyone who is able to donate and help spread the word! To see the complete list of donors to Weird Al's Star Fund, go to www.WeirdAlStar.com and click on Contributors.

:mahalo:
Dave
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Thought you might all like to check out this really neat article on VICE.COM about our journey to get Al his star! --> link

And also thought you might like to know that the star fund total now stands at an incredible $32,373.66! I really want to thank you all for kicking the fundraising into high gear ever since the star was announced. We are well on our way to the $40,000 goal! But we still need you to send donations when you can and spread the word every way you know how! You never know who out there is a Weird Al fan, so the more people you reach, the quicker we can get there!

Visit us on WeirdAlStar.com for the latest updates and donation information and thank you for helping make Al's star a reality!

Dave
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

I saw that on my Google app news section thing! :whoot: I was like HEY THAT'S DAVE WHAT IS HAPPEN

How did they choose the other two guys they took quotes from? Also why all guys? I thought we were past this!! #InvisibleYankochicks

"One man" is a little misleading...Idk. Cool some light got shed on the fandom I guess, even if it wasn't really about everyone.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Finally got around to contributing. Congrats again, Dave!
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Elvis wrote:Thought you might all like to check out this really neat article on VICE.COM about our journey to get Al his star! --> link
Woah...I think I know the dude in that article......
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Elvis
Be jealous.

Post by Elvis »

Yeah I wish the article had focused a little more on how the star is coming from all the fans but the reporter was very interested in how the star fund was born so I guess one guy founding the fund and fighting for the star year after year made a better story. I'm finding there's some liberty the media takes in stories like this like when VH1 edited the tattoo show to make it look like I was meeting Al for the first time ever despite had you been paying attention he had already signed my leg years before.

Vikki and Jackie were also interviewed for the article (and the reporter is female) so there's some girl power. I asked some other females to participate too but they chose not too.

Dave
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Elvis wrote: like when VH1 edited the tattoo show to make it look like I was meeting Al for the first time ever despite had you been paying attention he had already signed my leg years before.
Hollywood, man.... :rolleyes:

:lol:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
like_im_27again
Obsessed

Post by like_im_27again »

Elvis wrote:Yeah I wish the article had focused a little more on how the star is coming from all the fans but the reporter was very interested in how the star fund was born so I guess one guy founding the fund and fighting for the star year after year made a better story. I'm finding there's some liberty the media takes in stories like this like when VH1 edited the tattoo show to make it look like I was meeting Al for the first time ever despite had you been paying attention he had already signed my leg years before.

Vikki and Jackie were also interviewed for the article (and the reporter is female) so there's some girl power. I asked some other females to participate too but they chose not too.

Dave
Yeah, that reporter definitely took some narrative license when she was quoting me. While reading the article I kept thinking, "Did I say that? I don't think I did..." but it's okay...If I had been asked my preference, I wouldn't have put some of that stuff in an article for the whole world to see. At the time an interview is happening, though, you forget that even when you think you're just chatting, everything you say (or the gist of it) is fair game.

Oh, and she misspelled my name, after spelling it correctly in all her e-mails to me. :rolleyes: But she got Yankovic right, and that's the most important thing. :)
Vikki