This Is The Life

Moderator: Moderators

just2good
Occasional

Re:

Post by just2good »

DrDecay wrote:[ http://i28.tinypic.com/scvwhv.jpg ]

Look what I found! The single to the song. Thats a really good picture of Al!
Interesting find. I think this is an underrated Al song IMHO.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Re: This Is The Life

Post by RunningWithScissors »

Hope it's okay to bump this topic to share, but, I just found Johnny Dangerously on Netflix, and I checked, TITL is the opening! I've never seen it, but I've heard it's great. I thought I should share the info in case anyone else wanted to check it out.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Great, great movie! Highly recommend everyone check it out. Thanks for the tip, RWS!!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Yeah its pretty sweet. Haven't seen it since I was about 9 or 10 but I still remember hearing that song in it. Been planning on buying it when I find it in a 5 bucks or less bin. I might consider paying 10 bucks actually, Michael Keaton rules.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
Muldernscully
Addicted

Re:

Post by Muldernscully »

Muldernscully wrote:I like this song. It reminds me of Buckingham Blues, extolling the virtues of the easy life. Though, I think it's a much better song than Buckingham Blues.

Of course, This Is The Life, is used on "Johnny Dangerously", a decent movie. Have you all seen it?

The music video is typical of most soundtrack music videos, movie clips intermixed with the music video. So, it's nothing really special.

The song is very catchy and fun to listen to. It gets you movin'. It's better than the movie it's written for, as far as I'm concerned.
I'm just gonna add my 3 out of 5 star rating.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Nice rating.....NOT. Just found Johnny Dangerously on Netflix, had not seen it since I was a kid so me and the girlfriend watched it and both enjoyed it a lot more than we thought we would! Would definitely buy this movie if I found it in a sales bin, or the price was right. One of those movies I could watch quite a few times, plus the song is in it which makes it all the more awesome.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

That's good that Netflix has the song, I know one of the releases didn't have it. Was it the vhs, or was it the HBO version

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

This is the Life

Post by LaikaComeHome »

How has no one started a topic for this song? I like it, it's a jaunty jab at people who become rich and become corrupted by wealth. Plus this is one of those WA vids where Classic Al is at his cutest IMO.

What dy'all think?
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: This is oughthe Life

Post by Yankomaniac »

Great song. It was from Dare To Be Stupid though.