One More Minute

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

The booklet from the Ultimate Video Collection DVD says "watch for Al ripping up a picture of the woman who inspired the song." But I'm sure you already knew that.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Ah, she didn't deserve him, anyway.
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
Zenith
Occasional

Post by Zenith »

Ahh, finally - a topic! *points to avatar*

This is my #1 favorite Al song EVER, nothing beats it - I've listened to it over 420 times, at least. The video is a classic too. I even got to tell Al that I loved it at the SOL signing *sigh*
-- Zenith
"This means something… this is important."
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I love this song. It's definitely one of my favorite originals, and one of my favorites to see Al peform live. I like the music video, too. The band is just hillarious with their cheezy dance moves, and the microphone going limp is priceless too.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

This song will always bring back nostalgia for me. Specifically, way back in my second semester of 9th grade (that is, early '04), our teacher, Mrs. Burghdorf, was having us share poetry in English class, songs included. My musical taste was limited until the year after, to say the least, and I figured a parody wouldn't really count as "poetry" since Al technically didn't write the original version, so I chose an original Al song to present to the class. Obviously, OMM was the song. The class was seriously cracking up as I read it to them, and when I played the actual song version afterward (as opposed to me just reading the lyrics), the laughter came back even stronger.

I suppose one reason this song holds a special place in my heart is because the girl I happen to have a crush on (since last November, mind you) happened to be in my English class that year, and now, as seniors, we finally share a class together again (AP Statistics). Check out my parody "Trapped In The Classroom"; I reference her, albeit with a changed name. Anyway, there's my five minutes of nostalgia.
I am shocked, offended, and a little turned on.

I don't curse. Except around vampires.
Cinnamon
Obsessed

Post by Cinnamon »

It's a great song! (For years I didn't know he actually wrote it to get over someone, or that it had a video) She made the right decision, 'cause look how happy he is now with his wife and little girl :) (And hopefully she's also happy!)

I also like You Don't Love Me Anymore -- maybe even a little more than OMM :)
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

This is one of my FAVOURITE Al songs. Heck, it's one of my fave all time songs.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I adore this song. And like others have mentioned, the gag is for me is how the band dances in the background. It cracks me up.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

Yes, this may be my favorite of all time... I play it at work on Fridays, round about quitting time, loudish....
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison
Weird_Grrl

Post by Weird_Grrl »

I just listened to this song this morning.
I have a very short attention span.....OOH! PRETTY COLORS!