Yoda

Moderator: Moderators

mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

We all know how popular this song is in concerts, but I have a question regarding the album version - it's been so long since I heard this song from DTBS, I can't for the life of me remember if the accordion is prominent in this arrangement. I know it is in the demo tape and most performances, including on TWAS. Is there even an accordion part at all in the studio version?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Wow, it's been a long time since I've heard it on "In 3-D" too. In fact, i can't remember ever hearing it on "In 3-D." :huh: I believe the demo version and live version have more accordion in it than the album version.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Psst, mewrio, Yoda is on DTBS. ;) The accordion is prominent on the studio version, but it seems to be even moreso in concert.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Aron
Obsessed

Post by Aron »

Before I got addicted to "Stop draggin my car around", Yoda was my favorite song. There's also something about hearing it live. It's perhaps the coolest thing live with the chant and all.

I really like this song. I agree with you Elvis--- the Demo has more accordion, and live is just so DARN cool with accordion--- and the more accordion the better!
Aron-- Only the second accordionist to ever sit in the trunk of Torsoboy's DeLorean. Al was the first.
-- Visit my art blog at http://aronjshay.tumblr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; --
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Yup, the only bad thing about Yoda in concert is that it's the last song. The accordion, the chant, Al's beaming face that lights up at least the first ten rows... I feel so sorry for those idiots who leave after "Fat."
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I remember the first time I saw Al in concert. Marshall was with me, and people were getting up to leave after "Fat". I told him it wasn't over. I was glad I'd seen WAY Live first before going to the show, because I knew what was going to happen. We did have fun, even if he did say I embarassed him. *It's my job*

:P
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Ahh Yoda......
In hiding since 2010
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Jan 9 2005, 01:45 PM wrote: Yup, the only bad thing about Yoda in concert is that it's the last song. The accordion, the chant, Al's beaming face that lights up at least the first ten rows... I feel so sorry for those idiots who leave after "Fat."
Yeah, I feel sorry for them too. They're missing the best part! Yoda live is just so awesome, it can't even be described.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
mewrio
Off The Deep End

Post by mewrio »

algonacchick @ Jan 10 2005, 04:15 AM wrote: Psst, mewrio, Yoda is on DTBS. ;)
X*
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Uh, the album version doesn't have ANY accordion in it, so yea....the demo and live version would have more accordion....

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince