Interesting thing about DTBS....

Moderator: Moderators

RunningWithScissors
Regular

Interesting thing about DTBS....

Post by RunningWithScissors »

I hope it's okay to make a new topic, I didn't see on for the album as a whole, except the reviews, but this isn't a review either.

(Before I made the topic I looked at Wiki, and saw that on all the albums, there were songs released that I never new were singles, so I'm focusing on ones that had videos (Until SOL+ when every album had videos for every/almost every song)).

Listening through my originals, preparing for next year. As I am listening to originals on random, and "This Is The Life" came on, I started thinking about DTBS, which has always been one of my favorites.

From all the albums, DTBS had the most videos. (WAY had four hit parodies, but 2 were released way before the album).

But then, if you really think about it... Out of those four videos.... Like A Surgeon is the only parody to have a video. The rest are originals.

I wonder why?

True, This Is The Life was for Johnny Dangerously, that makes sense. While I think a lot would agree that One More Minute is one of Al's best songs, but it's just interesting.

Did they just want more videos and had star wars rights issue with Yoda and/or not being timely, and GJWHV being weak? (Al hates it, so I should be able to say it without getting hate XD)

But then, why not more videos for In 3-D? It doesn't add up, if you think about it that way.

So I wonder why.

Then.... it's been a long time so maybe I miss-remember/the info was fake news anyway, but, I could have swarn I read somewhere that Al begged/demanded his record label that You Don't Love Me Anymore had to be a single.

Outside of DTBS and YDLMA, the only other originals to have videos were, the theme song to his movie, UHF, obvious promotion, Christmas At Ground Zero, released at Christmas time, and Bob, just for Al TV. (I don't think it ran independent from that?)

Again, DTBS is one of my favorite albums, and I think out of 10 songs 7 are pure gold. It deserves to have more singles/videos. I just think it's interesting that it got so many when others didn't.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Interesting thing about DTBS....

Post by TMBJon »

I am fairly certain that the reason this album had so many videos is because they were made for The Compleat Al, using that project's budget rather than the record company's. One More Minute and Dare To Be Stupid would probably not have had music videos if not for that film.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
RunningWithScissors
Regular

Re: Interesting thing about DTBS....

Post by RunningWithScissors »

OH, Yeah would make sense, sorry!