Like a Surgeon in concert

Moderator: Moderators

YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Like a Surgeon in concert

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

I wonder why Al decided to drop "Like a Surgeon" after the 2002 OCfair shows. As far as I know it was played 3 times on the PHT and once on the SOLT. It was also played once on a show he did in 2014. My question is what song would he replace this with?
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Re: Like a Surgeon in concert

Post by Muppetboy09 »

YankoSwag 8888 wrote:I wonder why Al decided to drop "Like a Surgeon" after the 2002 OCfair shows. As far as I know it was played 3 times on the PHT and once on the SOLT. It was also played once on a show he did in 2014. My question is what song would he replace this with?
I don't think it was played ever on the SOL tour, or in 2014.
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Some have said the reason is because Rubén refused to do the cone bra thing anymore. There were apparently even a couple shows where Jim had that role, and then eventually they just nixed the song from the setlist. While that may have been a contributing factor, no one ever said there had to be a cone bra performer or even that it had to be done Truth or Dare style. So my best guess is that they just got tired of playing it and wanted to make room for other newer songs in the setlist. Glad to see it make a return in the acoustic medley this year!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
YankoSwag 8888
Obsessed
Awards: All of them

Post by YankoSwag 8888 »

TMBJon wrote:Some have said the reason is because Rubén refused to do the cone bra thing anymore. There were apparently even a couple shows where Jim had that role, and then eventually they just nixed the song from the setlist. While that may have been a contributing factor, no one ever said there had to be a cone bra performer or even that it had to be done Truth or Dare style. So my best guess is that they just got tired of playing it and wanted to make room for other newer songs in the setlist. Glad to see it make a return in the acoustic medley this year!
The other 5 shows from what I know did not have the bra.