Dare To Be Stupid

Moderator: Moderators

Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

One of my favorite songs EVER! It's a way of life, it's so wrong it's right, it's so fun! A good song as a style parody as well. I'm not much for DEVO, though. Surprizing, since this song is in their style.
2018 Tour: Rochester, Minneapolis, Fargo, Clear Lake, and Green Bay...so far...
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
Off The Deep End

Post by TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles »

I have WAY:L!, and I gotta say, I had DTBS stuck in my head SO much (and still do) that I could sing it on the spot. Still can.
-TheMecca, who would give anything to go back to the Poughskeepie concert in October 2000, in which DTBS was preformed in the Pentiums suit.
-TheMecca
The Office: NBC, Thursdays at 9.
If you're not watching, you're doing yourself great injustice.
drnick954
Off The Deep End

Post by drnick954 »

One of my favorite songs EVER! It's a way of life, it's so wrong it's right, it's so fun! A good song as a style parody as well. I'm not much for DEVO, though. Surprizing, since this song is in their style.

I disagree, i like them especially Whip It
The Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting! WHOOOOHOOO!!!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles @ May 8 2004, 09:27 PM wrote: -TheMecca, who would give anything to go back to the Poughskeepie concert in October 2000, in which DTBS was preformed in the Pentiums suit.
Some of us would be pretty much OK with an entire concert performed in the Pentiums suit. :wub:
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Jenny
Occasional

Post by Jenny »

Oh, the memories of jumping up and down and dancing to this video, lol!

One question I always had was when Al's head pops up through the popcorn, there is a piece of plastic/seran wrap? on his glasses that he seems to be pulling up with him, like it's attached somewhere else.

What is going on with that?

ROFL...like the rest of the video makes sense :D :P
Ham on, ham on whole wheat. All Right.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

I watched this last night again, and finally noticed for the first time that when the Greek-philosopher types are playing chess, the shadow of a dinosaur passes by.

Maybe a foreshadowing of Jurassic Park?
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

That sounds cool, OE! I'll have to watch again. Jenny as far as the saran wrap thing, I don't know. Just for comedic effect, perhaps? I mean, the song IS called Dare to Be Stupid, so why should the video make sense? Chalk it up to the wonder of Weird Al!

I love the whole bit in The Compleat Al when they talk about making the video!

:lol:

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

A thought about the Saran Wrap thing: I never really saw the stuff as popcorn (although maybe it is). Maybe the idea is that Al has been mailed somewhere, wrapped in plastic wrap and cushioned in packing pellets, and he's coming out of the wrappings?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

That's a thought. If you look, those little thingys look like little men or something. Maybe a predecessor to to You Make Me? "You make me wanna do a dozen book reports, then pack myself in styrofoam." Hmmm.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Orthography Enthusiast @ May 11 2004, 02:26 AM wrote: I watched this last night again, and finally noticed for the first time that when the Greek-philosopher types are playing chess, the shadow of a dinosaur passes by.

Maybe a foreshadowing of Jurassic Park?
I noticed that before. I think there's also a dinosaur wearing sunglasses at some point.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!