Polka Party

Moderator: Moderators

Phillipemoz
Occasional

Al head change

Post by Phillipemoz »

Not to get technical, but I feel I must defend scottidogg in this case. It's not her fault the criteria for getting an Al-head changed. The criteria for al-heads was changed because so many people were at the addicted status. Alot of people had a lot of posts. Think about it. If scottidog had way more posts than everyone else, and she was the only one at addicted status, than the number of posts needed to become addicted would be lowered, not raised, so that more people and not just scottidog could have addicted status. This was the opposite, too many people at addicted status. OWW. now my brain hurts. oh well it makes sense to me.

By the way this is not saying people shouldn't be posting as much, I'm just trying to point out logic and that it's not scottidog that is 'ruining it for everybody.' I myself am a newbie and have a long way to go to get my first al head. I will be posting more in the future, but not a bunch of stupid posts just to raise my level. (oh wait, weird al said we should 'dare to be stupid.') :huh: forget everything I just said
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: Al head change

Post by scottidog »

OWW. now my brain hurts.
Mine too... but I think I know what you said. And thanks... But CD was just joking. :lookround: At least I think he was.
forget everything I just said

I'm sorry, did you say something? <Very lame attempt at humor here.> But hey, it's 4 am, I have been awake since 1:30. Why? I don't know, but I did get some cleaning and unpacking done. My dog thinks I'm crazy...
Happy Steve
Addicted

Post by Happy Steve »

Hi all. For those who bought the Polka Party CD that was printed after 1997, you probably didn't get the full booklet that came with the first printing. Along with the lyrics printed inside were also 16 beautiful masterpieces of each band member (four pics each) made possible through the wonderous technology of a Sanyo 1200ZF photocopying machine. So you completely missed out on some of the wackiness that the band members had personally and lovingly stapled to each CD.

Not any more... thanks to something called a "scanner", I present to you The original Polka Party booklet. Enjoy!

Oh and as a loving tribute, here's my new avatar.
"Of COURSE I think, Steve! I think all the time! Sheesh!"
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

:lol: Thanks, Happy Steve!
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Wow, we really missed out. Stupid late fandom!

Thanks, that's very cool. I hope that Al's older CDs are remastered and released now to feature their original album art.
This means something. This is important.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

:lol: That's great, Steve! Thanks for sharing!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Steve, would you happen to know if these photos were featured in the original lp notes? I've got the Polka Party lp, but it's sealed.....

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Happy Steve
Addicted

Post by Happy Steve »

Yes they are in fact. I don't have the vinyl, but I do remember seeing it in my high school radio station.

The paper sleeve that holds the record has a 4x4 grid of the faces all on one side and the lyrics are printed on the other.
"Of COURSE I think, Steve! I think all the time! Sheesh!"
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Cool. Thanks. :Y

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Banana
Occasional

Post by Banana »

Wasn't Franke Yankovic on a show called Frankie Yankovic's Polka Party?