Polka Party

Moderator: Moderators

Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Polka Party

Post by Yankomaniac »

They should always pull it out at Christmas time if theyre playing shows, would be cool.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I dont believe Al will play it live. Most people assosciate the term Ground Zero with the WTC. I know its been around longer than that, but the reality is, for the last decade people hear Ground Zero, they think about 9/11. I know the older folks will know it doesnt mean that, but if you get a kid who hears it and thinks that Al wrote a song in poor taste.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Toothless People is a hilarious parody. I think Jagger loves Al, he obviously let them do Hot Rocks Polka as well! I've always thought Weird Al would make an awesome opener for the Stones, and to open with that polka would be killer!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

minnick27 wrote:I dont believe Al will play it live. Most people assosciate the term Ground Zero with the WTC. I know its been around longer than that, but the reality is, for the last decade people hear Ground Zero, they think about 9/11. I know the older folks will know it doesnt mean that, but if you get a kid who hears it and thinks that Al wrote a song in poor taste.
Well, maybe he could limit his playing of it to retirement homes or something. Change the title, even, anything it takes. Christmas at Ground Zero was another favorite of mine, and hearing Al sing it again would make my life complete.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Listening to Polka Party! right now..one of the best albums ever! Underrated!! Had one copy I lost when I was really young so had to rebuy it last December.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

For not containing any memorable parodies, I really do love it.
FredHuggins
Obsessed

Post by FredHuggins »

Even ignoring the subject matter, the complex Phil Spector-esque production values of CAGZ would NOT be easy to pull off live.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

But Al can pull anything off if he puts his mind to it. ;(
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

One Of Those Days would be something new, and quite easy. Everybody can relate to a song liKe that. I just can't get enough of that solo!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I think "Polka Party" is where Al started to really grow as a songwriter. "Dog Eat Dog" is such a good song.