Good Enough For Now

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

This has always been one of my favorite Al songs. I agree that the subtlety is really fantastic. It's one of Al's songs that you really have to pay attention to. Musically, it's my favorite Al song. I'd love to hear him do more country/bluegrass style parodies. Based on this one, he'd be great at it.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

I agree that this is a subtle, very good song... what is unfortunate is that it rings true with most of the relationships I've had. They were often derived more from peer pressure and loneliness than true feeling, or else the feeling one one side or the other didn't last...

Anyway. I love this song, and it's one that I can play freely in front of my mother (who is often grossed out or otherwise disturbed by some of the gags in Al's other works...)

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

I'm listening to this great song right now, and I'm thinking, I'd love to do a performance for it at my drama class's next Coffee Talk (read: performance), even if no one knows when that'll be. It'd be a great way to introduce the populace to Al's "other" side (which can mean both originals and subtler works). Basically, I think I'd slow dance around on stage with a girl friend (not my girlfriend, because I don't have one), while lip-syncing the lyrics.

P.S. It'd also be an excuse to get close to a girl and learn to dance. :Y

P.P.S. In case you're wondering, my other choice is "I'll Sue Ya," but we're a family show, and funny lyrics do not a parent-friendly rap/rock song make.

P.P.P.S. A dramatic showing of the 5 stages of grief, set to the fabulous and powerful Nine Inch Nails instrumental "Just Like You Imagined," is yet another idea on my mind.

P.P.P.P.S. Have all these postscripts gotten annoying yet?

P.P.P.P.P.S. How about now?

:lol:
I am shocked, offended, and a little turned on.

I don't curse. Except around vampires.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

avesjohn @ Feb 10 2007, 01:24 AM wrote: P.P.S. In case you're wondering, my other choice is "I'll Sue Ya," but we're a family show, and funny lyrics do not a parent-friendly rap/rock song make.
ISY might be okay. I performed it for my drama class a few months ago and things went over pretty well. What grade(s) are the kids in that the performance is for?
And Peggy
Dumb N00b
Obsessed

Post by Dumb N00b »

You should use Fark-Slashies, avesjohn :P.

/like this
//got nothin'
///France surrenders
Dave? Hello Dave? Is Dave there? There's a block in your t'ilet.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Barney Slayer @ Feb 10 2007, 08:54 AM wrote: ISY might be okay.  I performed it for my drama class a few months ago and things went over pretty well.  What grade(s) are the kids in that the performance is for?
I think my message came out wrong. We're a high school, and so our audience is mostly our friends and family, which in some cases means younger siblings. I think I just meant that, although "I'll Sue Ya" is by all means family-friendly, the music could quickly get annoying to the older members of the audience. It's not out of the question to perform it, of course, just a concern I have for said older members, and possibly the younger siblings as well.
I am shocked, offended, and a little turned on.

I don't curse. Except around vampires.
Apocaloso
Die-hard Fan

Post by Apocaloso »

I love good enough for now....it's so funny!! :D
Fry J. Apocaloso
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/apocaloso27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Videoclip of SHE NEVER TOLD ME SHE WAS A MIME (2009): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnElaNqX9Rg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

Good enough for now is one of my favourite originals. I actually don't really like coutry & western music - even though I'm a lapsed square dancer, but I totally love Good enough for now & Truck drivin' song (especially TDS).

It is very subtle & all too true of many relationships I have observed- (not my own)
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
xeplica

Post by xeplica »

avesjohn @ Feb 10 2007, 11:41 PM wrote: the music could quickly get annoying to the older members of the audience. It's not out of the question to perform it, of course, just a concern I have for said older members, and possibly the younger siblings as well.
who cares?! you're in HIGH SCHOOL!!
have fun! 8)
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Noodles @ Jan 11 2007, 01:35 AM wrote: This is by far Al's most underrated song ever.
I agree that this song is very underrated. I discovered this song late because I only had Permanent Record for many years. Only last year did I get the rest of Al's songs that weren't on PR. I was pleasantly surprised when I first heard this song. Al should do a little more country. If you want to hear another great country-sounding song that's making fun of country music, check out Gin Blossom's "Cheatin'" from their album "New Miserable Experience".