Here's Johnny

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Hey, anth! Be nice! Don't call her ignorant just because she felt that way.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

Thanks Bruce! I dont think that song has anything sexual in it. I would never think that Al would sing about such a thing. All I'm saying is when I first heard it, I thought it was odd that he's singing about Ed McMahon. Have you heard a song that was about Ed McMahon before Al? I havent. I just think some people might get the wrong impression. Its just a odd song.
Al team # 2836
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Manda @ Apr 28 2004, 05:17 PM wrote: To be honest, and I will probably get in trouble for saying it. But its odd to hear Al singing about Johnny Carson. Believe me I know Al isn't gay. But if a non-Al fan heard that song. I think that they would get that impression.
Actually, the song isn't about Johnny Carson. It's about Ed McMahon. And I really like the song. I didn't think it was odd. It was all in good humor. I think he was just talking about a satirical admiration for Ed McMahon. But, you're certainly entitled to your opinion. Anth, please don't call people ignorant for their opinions.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

If you dont get what I'm saying, I'm sorry. I'm not putting down Al, I just think that song is odd. I dont understand why he was singing about Ed McMahon.

Oh sorry Kevbo.
Al team # 2836
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

:sorry: I didn't call Manda ignorant, I'm sorry if anyone felt I did. I'm saying that anyone who took the song to be a gay message, they have to be pretty ignorant. Manda said that she didn't, so I wasn't referring to her.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

anthontherun @ Apr 28 2004, 06:06 PM wrote: :sorry: I didn't call Manda ignorant, I'm sorry if anyone felt I did. I'm saying that anyone who took the song to be a gay message, they have to be pretty ignorant. Manda said that she didn't, so I wasn't referring to her.
Oh, okay! I misunderstood. Sorry about that.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

It's ok Anth. No hard feelings. I know it was a joke Kevbo, but I guess I dont understand the joke.
Al team # 2836
young dumb and ugly
Obsessed

Post by young dumb and ugly »

Here's Johnny is one of the songs i like on polka party..but I don't like toothless people...one of my favorite favorites on polka party is Good Enough For Now
Theres no reason to be playing this song! Radio, radio!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Okay, Manda, I understand your points, but here's why Al did a song about Ed McMahon:

In 1986, "Who's Johnny" was a very popular, over-played song. Meanwhile, Ed McMahon's catchphrase on the "Tonight Show" was "Heeeeeeere's Johnyy!" So Al saw that those two could go together easily. Then he crafted the song around Ed. But rather than just sing about Ed McMahon, he put a "weird" spin on it by acting like he was in over-admiration of Ed.

For the record, I'll repeat what has been paraphrased on this forum over and over and over and over and over and over again. Al's songs are NOT autobiographical. He has never had a clone made from him, he's not a cross-dressing truck driver, he doesn't wait outside for the grand opening of The Home Depot, he isn't in the band Nirvana, he's never been to Tatooine, and he isn't infatuated with Ed McMahon. :D
young dumb and ugly
Obsessed

Post by young dumb and ugly »

I think in an interview in the newspaper al said the same thing..his songs are not autobiographical cause he rarely gets mad and STABS SOMEONE IN THE FACE...or he said something like that..ha

Sarah :Y
Theres no reason to be playing this song! Radio, radio!