Ok, now I look like an idiot.

Sorry, bizzareblair! :^)
Vote MarsBar for:

Best Newbie

Most likely to celebrate Weasel Stomping Day
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I have often wondered why Even Worse didn't have a polka medley. Now I know. Yayyyy!!!!
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Elvis @ Aug 14 2006, 04:22 PM wrote: I've always heard that Al didn't include a polka on EW because "Lasagna" was already very heavy on accordion and he didn't want two accordion songs on the same album.

That's sad. It would be great if Weird Al would make more songs on each album that heavily feature a polka. I'm not saying have every song on one album be accordion-heavy (like his debut album), but two or three non-medley accordion tunes wouldn't be too bad.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Elvis @ Aug 14 2006, 10:22 AM wrote: I've always heard that Al didn't include a polka on EW because "Lasagna" was already very heavy on accordion and he didn't want two accordion songs on the same album.
But then he broke that rule with RWS. (Eddie Vedder and Polka Power).
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bizarreblair
Occasional

Post by bizarreblair »

Like I said, it seemed to me that some part of what I remember is not correct. I do think Bermuda said something about "a polka that will never be heard". The U2 thing was the biggest question about it. I remember having the same thoughts of "boy I can't believe that artist/band would have enough hits that people would recognize to make a polka". Just who that artists was, sorry-I guess I don't recall. But that first ALCON was jam-packed with loads of information and a barrage to all of the senses. And when Bermuda started speaking was when all the recording devices had to be shut off. What a great time that was! We got to see recordings of some of the first food medleys and polkas, footage of Al playing the bongos (or maybe congas) during "Good Old Days" with the rest of the band during (I believe) the Montreal Comedy Festival, all kinds of cool stuff.
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

Hmm, would this be a good question for Ask Al?
Begone, foul beast!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Re: Even Worse Polka?

Post by Way_Moby »

Sorry to raise this thread from the murky depths... but has anyone ever confirmed this? What's the story here?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Even Worse Polka?

Post by minnick27 »

Jesus, Al has an album newer than this thread! I dont know the full story, i just always heard there was a U2 polka ready to go but he didn't get permission or something
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I'll ask the same thing I asked five years ago. Are we sure this isn't the Led Zeppelin polka?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Led Zeppelin makes a lot more sense, considering the next album he did the Rolling Stones.