Stuck In A Closet With Vanna White

Moderator: Moderators

DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Somebody (besides me) should get up the courage to send it to Ask Al!!!

I don't see it as innuendo-y at all, but then again, I usually don't see those types of things until they are explained to me... (like with the whole shurg thing :S)
Oh snap!
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

why though? is it so important?

His favourite film is Top Secret.. and thats full of college humour.. I dont see why its an issue. Its a clever lyric if you wanna see it that way or just a lyric that fills in a space in the song if you dont.. fine either way

tbh i think one of the most unfunny thing you can do is have to explain a joke.. the humour is in the uncertainty of exactly what was meant
thats the charm of it. Explain a joke, and it dies..
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Wasn't there actually an Ask Al that addressed the "gas station of love" lyric? I believe Al responded by saying pretty much exactly what ludo just said.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hey, it's all well and good if you see miore to that lyric than I do. It kinda just makes me feel like I'm too naive, or just not too observant. Maybe it's not important to find out if Al meant any specific vowel. I just took it as a reference to the show. I guess some people's minds go there, and others don't.

And that's all I have to say about that.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Not at all Patti. I'm betting you see a whole bunch of the jokes that I ( being English) would NEVER get at all, different things strike different people in very different ways and thats why Al's music is so awesome because it has so many layers to it and nobody gets all of them, maybe not even him sometimes.. LOL. I sure wish I had a sweet thinking mind instead of a savage twisted and cynical one.. but thems the breaks...
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Would anyone argue that in Pretty Fly For A Rabbi, the "keep the tip" joke is not intentional, or that someone's mind "went there"?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

TMBJon @ January 13, 2009 06:08 am wrote: Wasn't there actually an Ask Al that addressed the "gas station of love" lyric? I believe Al responded by saying pretty much exactly what ludo just said.
I didnt know that actually, but I have blogged on this subject before and quite a few people read that and agreed.

Al's work is so rich and full that there is always something new to discover, and some of that discovery might come with increasing maturity, and some might come from visiting the USA for the first time or whatever ... I find an "Al reference" at least once every five minutes these days.
There are loads of unexplained and unexplainable snippets of humour all over what he does and you can take or leave what you want from it.. its a constant revelation

The "Keep the tip" thing is "the oldest joke in Judaism" as Weird El said (so wisely as ever) just the other day.
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

TMBJon @ January 13, 2009 01:27 am wrote: Would anyone argue that in Pretty Fly For A Rabbi, the "keep the tip" joke is not intentional, or that someone's mind "went there"?
Actually, I think that one is more obvious. My mind went there as far as that joke.

I see what you're saying, and I can totally see that the buying a vowel thing could be sexual innuendo. I just didn't get that impression until you two mentioned it.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

TMBJon @ January 12, 2009 10:27 pm wrote: Would anyone argue that in Pretty Fly For A Rabbi, the "keep the tip" joke is not intentional, or that someone's mind "went there"?
That one's definitely intentional, I don't see how it could not be.
And Peggy
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

algonacchick @ January 13, 2009 06:32 am wrote: Actually, I think that one is more obvious. My mind went there as far as that joke.

I see what you're saying, and I can totally see that the buying a vowel thing could be sexual innuendo. I just didn't get that impression until you two mentioned it.
Patti I think thats going to be happening to *all* of us forever. Theyre not just songs theres a whole load of funny stuff in there just waiting to pop out.
Only the other day that whole load of stuff about the Star Wars Holiday Special VHS thing came up, so I looked all that up and a little more about the W&N guy's character was revealed.. great! but... do we wanna talk about the bubble wrap? I think probably not... :lol: (not on this thread anyway)
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015