(this Song's Just) Six Words Long

Moderator: Moderators

crazed al fan
Occasional

Post by crazed al fan »

i used to listen to that song non-stop. it's been a while since i have. i remember my aunt counting the words to see if it was six words long. i like how he just starts singing about "...they pay me a whole bunch of money..to do it...to do it...to do it, to do it, right child." sorry if i mis-quoted al there, i need to listen to that song again. :listen:
squishsquashgirl
Obsessed

Post by squishsquashgirl »

my friends and I were trying to introduce one of my friend's non-al-fan friends to some Al songs. That was the one we started with, because it's pretty easy to get the hang of the lyrics, and nobody can't like it. Well, we spent an hour just playing it again and again and again, jumping up and down and screaming along, trying to get her to join in, and the girl just sat there the whole time, looking absolutely terrified of us.
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

Poor girl never had a chance SSG! She must be in therapy now. :lol:
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
Riverstar33
Occasional

Post by Riverstar33 »

iisryan27 @ Jan 16 2004, 11:41 AM wrote: Does the song go "This song's just six words long" (Six words) as the title suggests
or "This song is just six words long" (Seven words) which, in my opinion, is more funny. Saying the seven word sentence about saying only six words is Al's kind of humor. And even look where he put the emphysis on the sylibals. I think it would be better if it were "This song is just six words long". What do you think?
I was thinking the same thing a few days ago!
**creepy music** deadeadeadeadeadeadeadea
Weird Al came to Australia!! Now my life is complete!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I love "This Song's Just Six Words Long"! It's cool! I always thought Al was singing, "This Song is just six words long" though. Either way, this is one of Al's songs that I like about 100,000,000 times more than the original. I really love the part when Al sings, "Oh, how do I fill so much time? Mmm..I throw in a solo, a solo, a solo, a solo, a solo here!" That part rocks!
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
yo
Die-hard Fan

Post by yo »

And so I'll sing 'em over, and over and over and over, and over and over and over, mm hmm, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again!

:lol: Hilarious.
?
WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

yo @ Jan 17 2004, 09:52 AM wrote:
And so I'll sing 'em over, and over and over and over, and over and over and over, mm hmm, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again!
My favorite part of the song! :lol: Along with To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it to do it, to do it right child!
Mad Genius
Obsessed

Post by Mad Genius »

...And a good way to annoy the folks. "Turn down that racket!"
"...Enthusiasm mediocre; keep in mind the animals are DEAD!"
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Mad Genius @ Jan 17 2004, 07:49 PM wrote: ...And a good way to annoy the folks. "Turn down that racket!"
Although it's a good song, it's not exactally a volume-cranker song but whatever.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WeirdDana27
Addicted

Post by WeirdDana27 »

Never actually heard the song, but I like the original ("I Got My Mind Set On You"). I'll have to listen to it sometime.

Dana
Shows attended:
7/19/03 Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA
5/31/07 Keswick Theater, Glenside, PA
6/25/10 Keswick Theater, Glenside, PA
5/20/11 Keswick Theater, Glenside, PA
6/9/13 Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA
7/31/15 Mann Center, Philadelphia, PA