2 questions about Even Worse

Moderator: Moderators

SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

It says Shamone in all the lyrics I've read, though I don't have the liner notes..good question..:P

Sorry for socializing...again...I mean...well usually posting to myself, but uh nevermind...

~*Cat*~
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

Shamone is what I hear. Tho' Shamu would have been funny. And yes, he was mocking the way MJ said it.
Thank you very much, scotti! :D I can rest easy now.
It says Shamone in all the lyrics I've read, though I don't have the liner notes..good question..

All the lyrics I've seen say "come on."

May I remind you there are no liner notes included with the Even Worse ALbum... I think they start appearing in OTDE.
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Nope. There were liner notes, but in later printings they were dropped.

Yet one more reason why you should always buy my albums on THE DAY THEY COME OUT.

Words to live by, Al. Words to live by... :inlove:
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

There WERE liner notes for the original cassette version of Even Worse. I have them right here in front of me! But when it was rereleased on CD it was without the liner notes, same as all the other albums up to GH1. UHF originally had liner notes with the CD but they too were dropped. Unfortunately, my UHF booklet is in poor condition and will probably never be replaced. :(

Anyway, back to topic...the original liner notes say "come on," just like the Jackson lyrics. In the song it is pronounced "shamone" because that's how Jackson pronounced it in "Bad"
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

There WERE liner notes for the original cassette version of Even Worse.

My Bad...

<rimshot>
"Man does not live by words alone, despite the fact that sometimes he has to eat them."-Adlai Stevenson
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

Yet one more reason why you should always buy my albums on THE DAY THEY COME OUT.

Sorry..I had the whole "infant" thing going on...:(

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry...How come I'm always apologizing on this forum? Oh, I know! It's because I'm always SAYING STUPID or INCORRECT things!!!! :(

~*Cat
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Don't worry about it Cat, I don't have the liner notes either. And I have yet to find them online. But to be honest, I haven't spent a lot of time in the archives over at Al-oholics Anon or some of the other WAY archive places looking for them either.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Scottidog and SG,

You're really not missing anything from the Even Worse liner notes except:

The lyrics, which are available in many different places on the Internet (you know where to go)

and The "fun house" pictures of Al that are also featured in the Permanent Record book.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Fun house pictures? Have I seen those??
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

You can see 4 of the 6 "Fun House " photos on pages 28 and 29 of the Permanent Record book. These are colorized versions. In the Even Worse liners there are 6 black and white pictures. They are parodies of similar poses of Michael Jackson from the "Bad" liner notes.