Moderator: Moderators

rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

I like the cover. Its funny.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Speaking of the TV album...Last week or so, my mom came home with a package for me. It was the TV album...which I already own which I told my mom. Seems she forgot I ever had it probably because I rarely play it. I think I've played that maybe...once.

-CindyBob
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I really don't care for this song. It wasn't really clever or well done at all...but that's just my opinion...
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

sarley27 @ Jun 27 2003, 11:11 PM wrote: Well maybe it would be an over representation of UHF.
I don't think that was why it wasn't included--Alapalooza has three songs.
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

I like how the Survivor/ Pirate Day treasure is still here. :lol:
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Tee hee, that is pretty funny....I have to look for the Pirate Day treasure, see if that one's still here too!!

Maybe it is a UHF issue? I don't know how much power Scotti Bros, didn't have on the soundtrack, but if it was a movie right issue (Even though it wasn't in the movie), given the choice between UHF, MFN/BH and Isle Thing, I'd take the first two in a heartbeat.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

*Bump* I just realized I have Wild Thing. :blink: I believe I have it had for several years... *I usually get burnt CDs from my dad* I'm about a minute in it, and Isle Thing is MUCH better than Wild Thing.
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I wanted to bump this topic because it's getting voted out of the rap song Survivor poll pretty early. That surprises me because this has always been one of my favorite television oriented songs. As far as the "classic TV show" songs, I think it's easily the best one for a bunch of reasons.

It has the best jokes about the actual show. "The Brady Bunch" just talks about how he can't stand the show - no specific jokes about the show itself. MFN/BH* is just the lyrics to the theme song. "Ricky" and "Bedrock Anthem" remain as the only other two classic sitcom songs, and neither of them are as funny as "Isle Thing" in my opinion.

Because of its rap style, it manages to get in far more lyrics, and a lot more specific jokes about the show. Plus I think the juxtaposition of a rapper rapping about something like Gilligan's Island is funny in and of itself.

I would have thought the song would be more popular than it is. I guess maybe it's just that it's been overshadowed by the many newer, fresher rap hits, like "Pentiums," "Nerdy," and "Amish Paradise."
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I love IT, too. But I definitely think it's one of the weaker of Al's rap songs.
And Peggy
Quab
Die-hard Fan

Post by Quab »

i like it when al sings songs about a specific subject (like gilligans island)
Without evil there can be no good, so it must be good to evil sometimes...
Eyeeeeee Satan!