I Was Only Kidding

Moderator: Moderators

weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I can't believe that there isn't a thread for this song yet (unless the thread that lists existing threads for songs just forgot to link such a thread). This is one of my favorite "love" songs that Al has wrote (along with One More Minute, I'm So Sick of You, Airline Amy, Melanie...), one of the best songs not made as a music video (along with Yoda, Grapefruit Diet, Couch Potato, A Complicated Song, Lasagna...), and one of the best songs from Off the Deep End (along with Airline Amy, Smells Like Nirvanna, Polka Your Eyes Out, Bite Me...).

I like the beginning of this song, and the rest as well. I wonder what's up with all of those animal sounds in the song, though.
U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

This is one of those songs that I enjoy the lyrics but dislike the arrangement. Al's vocals are not very pleasant to listen to. The backup singers do sound great however. ("can't stand you, just can't stand you")
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I love the sarcasm and irony in this song. It's just so mean, yet so funny. I've heard of people who have played this song to their significant others with not so good results.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Dragital
Occasional

Post by Dragital »

Kevbo1987 @ Jul 16 2007, 02:57 AM wrote: I love the sarcasm and irony in this song. It's just so mean, yet so funny. I've heard of people who have played this song to their significant others with not so good results.
Well? Some people just don't know how to take a joke...
I'm not daring to play it to my friend. :lookaround:
Put the Lime in the Coke you Nut.
Gadget Girl
Addicted

Post by Gadget Girl »

I love this song. I like the arrangements and the animal noises too. It's fun to sing with a group because you can really have fun with the animal sounds!
Hoping the Al goodness never ends...
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I like this song a lot. It's fun to listen to. You can imagine what is happening between the singer and his girlfriend as the song progresses.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

I wonder if the girl that Al was supposed to have been kidding with was supposed to have been delighted or disgusted with Al "loving" her. Or could this have been meant to have been ambiguous?
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I'd guess she was happy with Al "loving" her, and then was disgusted and angry when Al told her that he was only kidding. After all, she takes out a gun on him.
And Peggy
BigWeirdAlFan

Post by BigWeirdAlFan »

I think you're right.
I've always enjoyed this song. In a way, it's funny :P
KnottyEmily
Obsessed

Post by KnottyEmily »

U62 @ Jul 16 2007, 06:22 AM wrote: This is one of those songs that I enjoy the lyrics but dislike the arrangement. Al's vocals are not very pleasant to listen to. The backup singers do sound great however. ("can't stand you, just can't stand you")
Are you sure you aren't thinking of "I'm So Sick of You"? :ph34r:
The tsunami of immediacy will wash away the flood of grief, and reveal a layer of naive optimism underneath