Bite Me

Moderator: Moderators

martmercer
Occasional

Bite Me

Post by martmercer »

hi everybody!

can someone please tell this secret track on the 'off the deep end' album called 'bite me'?

and can someone please send me a private message seeming as that would cheer me up ! (im a very depressed briton boy!)

thanks! :yell:
martmercer
Occasional

BITE ME!

Post by martmercer »

can somebody please tell me about this hidden track on 'off the deep end'

called 'bite me'

and can some one just send me a private message (pm) cos that'll cheer me up

thank you
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well.... I have not heard it. But I know it's there. How, you ask? Why Al told me. He tells me lot's of interesting tidbits you know. You can find all kinds of nifty neato factoids from the Weird One himself at

http://www.weirdal.com

I did a little search of the Ask Al Archives and here's what our boy has to say on the subject:

Anonymous asks: Why didn't you include "Bite Me" on the OTDE cassette too?

The joke about "Bite Me" (the name we gave to the six seconds of primal screaming at the end of the CD) is that it's supposed to come on after 10 minutes of silence and scare you to death. Now it's one thing to use up 10 minutes of time on a CD, but it would be pretty obnoxious to have 10 minutes of blank audio tape, don't you think?

Ralf Hildebrandt of Braunschweig, Germany asks: Why didn't you include "Bite Me" on the OTDE CD in Europe?

Unfortunately, we have very little control over what happens in pressing plants overseas. Sorry.

I don't own OTDE yet, so now you know as much about it as I do

:biggrin:

Oops. Sorry this wasn't a Private Message. Hope you're not too bummed.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I do believe this has been addressed before, but yes there is a track at the end, and it will scare the bejeezus out of you if you just forget about it. Also you didnt need to do 2 topics for it.

Mike
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

Still scares the heck out of me on that rare occasion I pull out the original CD! (I use minidisc copies in my car.)
WHiZZi
Be jealous.

Post by WHiZZi »

You requesting a song, that's not allowed here..
Nathaniel

Re:Bite Me

Post by Nathaniel »

Let the CD keep running for about 10 minutes after the end of "You Don't Love Me Anymore." Good Stuff.
haroldwaide
Regular

Post by haroldwaide »

and make sure you turn up the volume as far as you can so you don't miss it ;)

Harold
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

and make sure you turn up the volume as far as you can so you don't miss it ;)

Harold

What a nasty mind you have, Harold. I've heard "Bite Me" twice (at normal volume), both times in the car, and both times it made me JUMP. Even though I was listening for it on purpose the first time.

"She Drives Like Crazy" is also a slightly unsafe song to listen to in the car if you're a jumpy driver, because of the car horn sound effects. I start looking around for the driver I've just nudged into road rage... and then realize it's Al.

Whom, by the way, I hope I never nudge into rage of any kind. But I expect it would take a pretty big nudge anyway.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I know Al has said it's an homage to Nirvana, but it could also be taken as an homage to the Beatles, who waited a little after "A Day in the Life" finished before you hear mindless talking.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;