Bite Me

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Carol the Angry Hippy @ Mar 19 2005, 11:06 PM wrote: But I don't think it defeats the purpose because You Don't Love Me Anymore is a slow, quiet-type song, and I get kinda relaxed by the end of it, and then Bite Me comes on and I still get a minor heart attack.
Well, yeah. If it scares you, then it's done it's job. But it does miss the joke. From the Ask Al Archives:

Anonymous asks: Why didn't you include "Bite Me" on the OTDE cassette too?

The joke about "Bite Me" (the name we gave to the six seconds of primal screaming at the end of the CD) is that it's supposed to come on after 10 minutes of silence and scare you to death. Now it's one thing to use up 10 minutes of time on a CD, but it would be pretty obnoxious to have 10 minutes of blank audio tape, don't you think?
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Ditto.
In hiding since 2010
Mr. Frump

Post by Mr. Frump »

BITE ME!
So that's the neame of the hidden track. When the CD 1st came out, I was listening to it cranked up high late at night with the headphones on. When the cd (I thought) ended, there was nothing but silence all around. THEN THAT SREAMING!!!! It scared the snot out of me. I LOVE IT!!!!
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

I'm curious how many heart attacks/accidents BITE ME has caused...... :rolleyes:
In hiding since 2010
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have the iTunes program on their computer? If so, when you insert OTDE, does Bite Me show up as a track? Just asking because I have iTunes, and I think it would be awesome if I could get Bite Me onto the playlist. I would do it myself, but at the moment I don't own OTDE :( (must get!!)
:P
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

It doesn't show up, because "Bite Me" isn't a separate track on the CD. YDLMA has about 10 blank minutes after the song is over, which is why if you're burning the song onto an iPod or MP3 player, it's better to use the GH2 version.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

I see...darn. but, yeah, I have GHV2 and that's how I have a nice shortened version, but, yeah, thanks for the info. :)
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
Carol
Obsessed

Post by Carol »

I have the Canadian version, and Bite me is a separate track. My dad's spiffy computer has iTunes but no internet for now, but I will see if it shows up when the 'net is hooked up. This computer is a little slow for iTunes.
Carpe Musica

I'm not being condescending, I'm too busy thinking about far more important things you wouldn't understand.
thepowerofpolka
Addicted

Post by thepowerofpolka »

I know a fairly funny story with that song. My friend told me this. Since Bite Me is about 10 minutes after the song You Don't Love Me Anymore on the same track, he was just listening to the CD at as he was falling asleep, not knowing Bite Me was coming up. He was just going to leave the CD after it stopped so it can just turn off as he goes to sleep. So he was just about to fall asleep when the song Bite Me struck him.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That must have completely scared anything and everything out of that guy.

I'm glad that wasn't me.
"Why would I wanna eat liver? I don't even like liver."
Carol
Obsessed

Post by Carol »

Hehe. I've done that before.
Carpe Musica

I'm not being condescending, I'm too busy thinking about far more important things you wouldn't understand.