The Plumbing Song

Moderator: Moderators

HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I kinda like The Plumbing Song.

But I also liked Milli Vanilli back then, so I guess it doesn't say much. Although, I like it better than The White Stuff.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

weird user @ Jul 19 2007, 01:20 AM wrote:
Was it discovered that Milli Vanilli was lip synching by the time this song was released? It's too bad that Al didn't make a video of this. He could have purposely lip synced out of synch.
I have no idea. According to Wikipedia, the lip-synching scandal was revealed in 1990. OTDE was not released until 1992. Maybe Al already knew but didn't care. I think I'll submit the question to Ask Al.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The song was written or at least planned BEFORE the lip syncing scandal, as were most of the other songs on the album. But Al was waiting for the next BIG thing to come around that would be worthy of the lead single. Specifically, he was waiting for Michael Jackson's upcoming album, "Dangerous," featuring the single "Black or White." But by the time "Dangerous" was released, a certain Seatle grunge band had starting making waves and Al decided that rather than parody MJ again, he'd change course and do SLN. That's why all the other parodies on OTDE were of songs that had already been out for a few years. And that's also why Al went ahead with a Milli Vanilli song even after the scandal. He had waited so long already to get his new album out, he didn't want to put it off any longer.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Thanks for that info., Bruce. Very interesting. I thought it was odd that Milli Vanilli's songs were two years 2-3 years old than OTDE.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

American Idiot was two and a half years old when SOL came out.
And Peggy
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

And "I Want it That Way" was more than FOUR years old when PH came out. It could have been parodied on RWS, it was so old.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Bruce the Duck @ Jul 19 2007, 09:05 AM wrote: That's why all the other parodies on OTDE were of songs that had already been out for a few years.
Aren't you forgetting about a certain Rico Sauve?
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Marko_The_Odd @ Jul 19 2007, 04:10 PM wrote: Aren't you forgetting about a certain Rico Sauve?
I think you mean "Rico Suave" ;)
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Eh, I don't count that song. It's almost as annoying as Syndicated Inc. :P
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Bruce the Duck @ Jul 20 2007, 03:13 AM wrote: Eh, I don't count that song. It's almost as annoying as Syndicated Inc. :P
You're kidding, right?

I liked Taco Grande. Rico Suave was terrible though.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.