Polka Your Eyes Out- Not his best polka in my opinoin 7/10

I was only Kidding- What the heck is this? 5/10

The White Stuff- Not bad 7/10

When i was Your age- Very Very odd 5/10

Taco Grande- Ok, i guess 6/10

Airline Amy- Never really payed attention to this song 5/10

The Plumbing Song- At least Al actually sung this 7/10

You Dont Love Me Anymore- This has funny lyrics 8/10

Bite Me- Scared the crap out of me, but i laughed really really hard after i heard it to! 10/10
The Smashing Pumpkins are reuniting! WHOOOOHOOO!!!
Kitten
Obsessed

Post by Kitten »

drnick954 @ Jun 24 2004, 11:40 AM wrote: Bite Me- Scared the crap out of me, but i laughed really really hard after i heard it to! 10/10
:lol: me too.
w00t
Fintron
Obsessed

Post by Fintron »

My top 5 favorite songs (Not in order) from off the deep end are

1. Trigger Happy
2. The White Stuff
3. You Don't Love Me Anymore
4. Smells Like Nirvana
5. I Was Only Kidding

Bite Me scared me to death when I forgot to turn off my cd player!!!
It's just like a mini mall!
Conor
Occasional

Post by Conor »

1. Smells Like Nirvana 10/10
2. Trigger Happy 10/10
3. I Cant Watch This 10/10
4. Polka Your Eyes Out 10/10
5. I Was Only Kidding 1/10
6. The White Stuff 7/10
7. When I Was Your Age 0/10
8. Taco Grande 10/10
9. Airline Amy 2/10
10. The Plumbing Song 9/10
11. You Dont Love Me Anymore 8/10

12. Bite Me 10/10
Gravy
Do I Have Somthing In My Teeth
Hungry Fella. There Ya Go!
Smokin!
Somebody Stop Me!
P-a-r-t- Y? Because I Gotta!
Super Sonic 5
Regular

Post by Super Sonic 5 »

Smells like Nirvana- Great song. 8.5/10

Trigger Happy- "I mistook him in the dark for a drug-crazed Nazi again" 9/10

I cant Watch This- Pretty Good TV song. 7.5/10

Polka Your Eyes Out- 7/10 for polka!

I was only Kidding- Funny, but in a sick, twisted, awful, insane, psycopathic, and otherwise evil way. 7/10

The White Stuff- Blah. 5/10

When i was Your age- Hmmm... About average. 6/10

Taco Grande- Never liked this one. 4/10

Airline Amy- The only love song from Al that isn't sick and twisted. It fits after I was Only Kidding. 7.5/10

The Plumbing Song- Not the best. 6/10

You Dont Love Me Anymore- Love song #3 on the ALbum. My favorite love song he's done. 9/10

Bite Me- The first time I listened to this was when I was expecting it in a car ride in the middle of the day. I burst out laughing! Then just now for this review, I listened and read topics here and forgot about it. OH MY GOD! 10/10
I'll be Mellow When I'm Dead!

Tonight, I'm going to blow your minds! I mean, literally blow your minds! - Al
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

My top 5 favorite OTDE songs (in order) are as follows....

5. When I was Your Age
4. Airline Amy
3. I Can't Watch This
2. The White Stuff

and #1

1. Smells Like Nirvana
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
Zurak

Post by Zurak »

Smells Like Nirvana has gotta be my fav. on the whole cd!

~Z~
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Hey look a thread for Off the Deep End.

I always thought this was one of Al's best CD's.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

SMELLS LIKE NIRVANA: The perfect Al parody. The original song and band constituted a watershed moment in the musical landscape at the time. . .the song comments on the lyrics, the music and the band itself. . .it spawned arguably Al's best music video. . .and it's funny! What more could you ask for? 10/10

TRIGGER HAPPY: I love this one, even if the whole Beach Boys Meet the NRA bit had kinda been done before in the movie Top Secret! (coincidentally, Al's all-time favorite movie.) 8/10

I CAN'T WATCH THIS: At the time the album was released, I was hoping that Al would include a parody of either this song, or "Ice, Ice Baby", which were two of the most overplayed songs of the early nineties. I got my wish, and it's a good song. Then, as now, I completely agreed with the point of the song: "TV Sucks." Love the TV commercial sound drops. 7.5/10

POLKA YOUR EYES OUT: Pretty good polka. I remember hearing portions of this on the TV show "Comic Strip Live", where Al appeared and did half of this song melded with half of "Polkas on 45", so I was glad to hear the completely fleshed-out version. 7.5/10

I WAS ONLY KIDDING: Officially, my least-favorite Al song ever. Nothing musically pleasant about this one (perhaps intentionally), not funny; just noisy and annoying. And did we really need the "NOT!" joke in the middle of the song? Sorry, Al. I'd rather listen to "Bite Me" on endless loop. 3/10

THE WHITE STUFF: At least IWOK was followed by a spot-on and hilarious parody of the New Kids! Al took a song that was actually more grating that IWOK and turned it into a listenable, fun ditty singing the praises of Oreo cookies, or more specifically, the delicious sweet goo in between the Oreo cookies! Rockin'! Perfect parody writing here. "Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, O-Oreo!" 9/10

WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE: Amusing original, even if the running joke was borrowed from Dana Carvey's "Grumpy Old Man" character on SNL around the same time. Still, funny hearing those lines put into a song. 7/10

TACO GRANDE: Okay, I guess. Extra points for the blend of English/Spanish, but did this song really need a parody? I don't even remember it being that big? For the most part, I find this one somewhat boring. Always like Cheech, though. 6/10

AIRLINE AMY: Not terribly funny, but a rockin' song. Anyone know if this was written about a real person that Al flew with, or was it just a goof? It's kind of an odd Al song, but I like it. 7/10

THE PLUMBING SONG: Other that the fact that this is the first time Al parodied two songs in one (which I dig), this may very well be my least favorite Al parody of all time. First of all, the Milli Vanilli lip-sync thing had already been exposed well before OTDE was released, making a parody not only redundant (MV parodies were a dime a dozen at the time) but toothless (no reference to the scandal). Maybe this wasn't entirely Al's fault, since it was probably recorded beforehand, but by April of 1992, MV had already become a joke. Plus, Al's version is frankly not all that funny. 5/10

YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE: Album ends on a high note with this original. Another one I saw sneaked on "Comic Strip Live", but again he only sang about half the song. It was a real treat hearing the full-length version, and it's one of Al's funniest anti-love songs. 9/10

BITE ME (BONUS TRACK): Sure! Fits nicely into the whole Nirvana parody package, as their "Nevermind" album featured a similar hidden track. Great song? No. Not even a song, really. But it's nice to know that it's there. 6.5/10

OVERALL: Above-average album, the crown jewel being SLN, of course. Considering it holds the dubious distinction of containing both my least favorite Al Original AND Parody, I would still rank it pretty highly. 7/10

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Try here. :)
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater