The "off The Deep End" Thread

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: The "off The Deep End" Thread

Post by TMBJon »

JCM wrote:I was kind of offended when I first heard that song, but now that I know he was making fun of the oldsters, I appreciate it a lot more.
What else could he be making fun of? The song is titled "When I Was Your Age"...
Also, you must be kidding that you were offended by that song. Was it the salt-on-snail violence?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I thought he was insulting young people like me for not being grateful. To be fair, I was like 11 when I first heard it.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End

Post by RyanHippFTW »

JCM wrote:I thought he was insulting young people like me for not being grateful. To be fair, I was like 11 when I first heard it.
So, 2 weeks ago, you mean?
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

HAH, who lies on the Weird Al forum lol, I dont know any reason why anybody would cover up there age on a forum like this.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

JCM wrote:I was kind of offended when I first heard that song, but now that I know he was making fun of the oldsters, I appreciate it a lot more.
Trying to understand this comment is making my head hurt. What offended you, exactly? If anyone would be offended by this song, it WOULD be "oldsters". . .but you're saying that once you got that part you were no longer offended? :wacko: I'm lost.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I understand what he's saying.

When I was younger, I thought the song was making fun of young people, because I was stupid and young, you know. I assume that's what JCM meant.

Jeez, you guys give him a hard time for being thick skulled, but I wonder about some of you. :P
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

He said he was an older guy who lived through the 80's at one point in the thread about 80's concerts, so everything he is saying now is confusing because he lied a couple times, nothing wrong with making some sense of it all. He would have been old enough to get the song if he was 36. I think its okay to give people a hard time if they dig the hole on their own.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

Yeah, I'm curious now as well...

Plus, I was not offended at all about the song at all, I thought it was hilarious....

Alright JCM... I'm 27, how old are you??
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Young, dumb and ugly makes fun of young people. I'm 21 and neither of those songs bother me and i heard them when i was probably 10 and i have never had a problem with them.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Yankomaniac wrote:He said he was an older guy who lived through the 80's at one point in the thread about 80's concerts, so everything he is saying now is confusing because he lied a couple times, nothing wrong with making some sense of it all. He would have been old enough to get the song if he was 36. I think its okay to give people a hard time if they dig the hole on their own.
I said I was 11 when I first heard the song, so that should have been enough information to know what I meant.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?