Taco Grande

Moderator: Moderators

TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Taco Grande

Post by TMBJon »

No, it sounds like some people talking I think? In Spanish, I assume.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I know exactly what you're talking about, Jon. It does sound like Spanish, but I have no idea what's being said. Maybe that's a question to pose to Bermuda.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I studied Spanish through Rosetta Stone a few years ago. I'm by no means fluent, but I I know enough. Those aren't actually even words from what I can hear. It seems more like the Latin equivalent of scat or bebop. Just nonsensical words acting as music.

Interestingly, I searched for the lyrics of Rico Suave to see if that section is included, and for some reason even the "Rico suave" part isn't included on the lyrics sites that I found.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

This is an underrated parody, probably because the song it's based on is long-forgotten. I don't even think I'd even heard the original before, but decided to look it up on YouTube last night. Made me appreciate Al's parody even MORE. I was cracking up listening to the original just from thinking of how Al tackled each lyric. It's quite masterful, really.

Even funnier, is that Gerardo's vocals totally sound like Al's in a couple of places! If you haven't listened recently, check it out....Gerardo doesn't sound at all like I imagined he would.
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

Are y'all talking about the sample from this song?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Good Enough For Now wrote:Are y'all talking about the sample from this song?
Yeah, that! What is that??
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
AlejandraDD
Obsessed
Awards: Most Violent Reaction to Someone Losing the Al-Man of the Year Award (The Tomato Awards)

Post by AlejandraDD »

That doesn't sound like any words I know, and it's not on any lyric transcript I found. So I concur with the "not real words" camp
"Some nerds search Weird Al boards their whole lives and never meet anyone." - uwvark

2019: Fort Wayne, Kettering, Rochester Hills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh
https://www.concertarchives.org/alejand ... l-yankovic

AlFest 2009
Good Enough For Now
Occasional

Post by Good Enough For Now »

I wasn't able to find lyrics for the Daiquiri song but in the video it looks like they're just chanting those parts before the actual verse starts. I don't know their language so they may very well be real words. :) Gerardo sampled the beat/chant for his song, so Al did the same! (Maybe he replicated it somehow? I think it would have to say in the liners if it was sampled - likewise, I'm guessing his band recreated "Superfreak" for "I Can't Watch This".)
Last edited by Good Enough For Now on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

If they're words, they're not Spanish words.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Hangin' 27 - Al Surfing

Post by anthontherun »

"Taco Grande" is deemed racist in this Cracked article. Before you claim that the author is being unfair to Al, the entire article reeks of the obnoxious holier-than-thou attitude that has ruined Cracked over the past few years so he actually gets off easier than the other entries.