Smells Like Nirvana

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby MandatoryFun » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:39 am

People who like this song must think that drug addiction and death is funny because that's what happened to curt cobane. really insenstive smurf goin on here, but i still <3 al.
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
User avatar
MandatoryFun
Occasional
 
Posts: 219
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:17 am

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby Skippy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:23 pm

MandatoryFun wrote:People who like this song must think that drug addiction and death is funny because that's what happened to curt cobane. really insenstive smurf goin on here, but i still <3 al.


Kurt was alive when this song was recorded, and he loved it. The song has nothing to do with Kurt's personal demons, so I'm not sure what your point is. Michael Jackson is also dead; are we supposed to stop enjoying those songs too?
Skippy
Addicted
 
Posts: 560
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:19 am

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby Kevbo1987 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:03 pm

MandatoryFun wrote:People who like this song must think that drug addiction and death is funny because that's what happened to curt cobane. really insenstive smurf goin on here, but i still <3 al.


I really don't follow this line of reasoning. So when Al recorded this song, he should have looked into his magic crystal ball and foreseen that Kurt Cobain would die of a drug overdose more than two years later?
User avatar
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated
 
Posts: 13307
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:25 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby MandatoryFun » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:18 pm

:party:
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
User avatar
MandatoryFun
Occasional
 
Posts: 219
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:17 am

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby Skippy » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:36 pm

MandatoryFun wrote::party:


Checked out your history. Didn't realize you were a small child. My mistake. Carry on.
Skippy
Addicted
 
Posts: 560
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:19 am

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby MandatoryFun » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:20 am

Skippy wrote:Checked out your history. Didn't realize you were a small child. My mistake. Carry on.


I'm 25 and make a lot of money working in television.
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
User avatar
MandatoryFun
Occasional
 
Posts: 219
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:17 am

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby Skippy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:26 am

MandatoryFun wrote:
I'm 25 and make a lot of money working in television.


I rest my case.
Skippy
Addicted
 
Posts: 560
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:19 am

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby MandatoryFun » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:47 am

Skippy wrote:
I rest my case.


:ttr: :ttr: :ttr: :ttr: :ttr: :ttr: :ttr:
Hey guys, I got this username first ha ha
User avatar
MandatoryFun
Occasional
 
Posts: 219
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:17 am

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby algonacchick » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:16 pm

I was searching the internet to find out where Tony Hawk was in the video, because I had heard he was in it, and found these tweets between him and Al, from 2009:

https://twitter.com/tonyhawk/status/2058209260

I love it! Btw, it's been a few years since I found out about this. I remember Tony tweeting a message to see if anyone could find him. I never found out if anyone did. I just think it's funny that Al didn't know.

Apparently, he can be seen sitting in the bleachers near Dick Van Patten during the crowd sweep. I'm still not sure where he is,though.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
User avatar
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!
 
Posts: 53944
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2001 2:00 am
Location: ALgonac, MI

Re: Smells Like Nirvana

Postby Yankomaniac » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:06 am

Wow, I did not know Tony Hawk was in the video for this. Learn something new everyday!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
User avatar
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End
 
Posts: 3586
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada \m/

Previous

Return to Off The Deep End

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest