Smells Like Nirvana

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Ok. I just wanted to know what happened.

Did Al ever meet Kurt in person? Or Dave or Krist for that matter?
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I locked it so I could get all the off topic stuff out without any more off topic stuff being posted, then opened it back up.

I never heard of Al meeting anyone in the band. Though we know he talked to Kurt on the phone, and probably Dave at some point too for permission for the polka.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

I'm not sure.

I remember reading a blurb in the Midnight Star about Al buying a copy of In Utero and how he pulled his money outta this crummy velcro wallet.... :lol:

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Making this a SLN topic and moving it to Music & Record. Carry on.
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

Elvis @ Apr 5 2004, 11:28 PM wrote: and probably Dave at some point too for permission for the polka.

Dave
My banner is gone :(

Which Polka has Nirvana in it?

Steve ;(
¿
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

The Alternative Polka has Dave's other band, the Foo Fighters' I'll Stick Around. And on the same album, there's the Come as You Are style parody, Callin' in Sick.

Your banner, and some other off-topic posts, are in trashcan.
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

Here Is a little Biography:

Kurt Cobain was born on February 20 1967, in Hoquaim, a small town southwest of Seattle. Kurt later moved to Aberdeen, where he had a happy childhood until his parents divorced. The divorce left Kurt's outlook on the world forever scared. He became withdrawn and anti-social. He was constantly placed with one relative to the next and at times even homeless, forcing him to sleep under a bridge. Kurt was not the most popular person in high school, getting picked on by "jocks" and being labeled as "queer". In 1985 Kurt left Aberdeen for Olympia where he formed the band Nirvana in 1986. In 1989 Nirvana recorded their debut album Bleach under the independent label Sub-Pop records. Nirvana became very popular in Britain and by 1991 they signed a contract with Geffen. Their next album Nevermind became a 90s masterpiece and made Kurt's Nirvana one of the most successful bands in the world. Kurt became trampled upon with success and found the new lifestyle hard to bear. In February 1992 Kurt married Courtney Love, the woman who was already pregnant with his child, Frances Bean Cobain. Nirvana released their next album Incesticide later that year. The album appealed to many fans due to the liner notes, which expressed Kurt's open-mindedness. In September 1993 Nirvana released their next album, 'In Utero', which topped the charts. On March 4, 1994, Kurt was taken to hospital in a coma. It was officially stated as an accident but many believe it to have been an unsuccessful suicide attempt. Family and friends convinced Kurt to seek rehab. Kurt was said to have fled rehab after only a few days from a missing person's report filed by Courtney Love. On April 8th Kurt's body was found in his Seattle home. In his arms was a shotgun, which had been fired into his head. Near him laid a suicide note written in red ink. It was addressed to his wife Courtney Love and his daughter Frances Cobain. Two days after Kurt's body was discovered people gathered in Seattle, they began setting fires, chanting profanities, and fighting with police officers. They also listened to a tape of Courtney reading sections of the suicide note left by Kurt. The last few words were "I love you, I love you".

He ACTUALLY had to live under a bridge! So sad.

Steve :)
¿
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Which inspired the song "Something in the Way." Speaking of that song, it preceded "Endless, Nameless" which Al parodied (kind of) with "Bite Me."
YoungWriter
Occasional

Post by YoungWriter »

OT, but Kurt, by most accounts, NEVER lived under a bridge. We know he definately didn't live under the one he refers to in "Something In The Way"
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Al? "Weird Al" Yankovic? Anyone remember him?

Topic?