Smells Like Nirvana

Moderator: Moderators

Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

He was the lead singer for Nirvana. I like this song.
Al team # 2836
SuperOy
Regular
Location: Living in your dandruff. It's quite pleasent there.

Post by SuperOy »

Can you believe some hardcore Nirvana fans take major offense to "Smells Like Nirvana?" They it insults the band, but the funny thing is Nirvana liked it. Oh well, some people get it, some don't, I guess.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

SuperOy @ Apr 21 2004, 09:03 PM wrote: Can you believe some hardcore Nirvana fans take major offense to "Smells Like Nirvana?"  They it insults the band, but the funny thing is Nirvana liked it.  Oh well, some people get it, some don't, I guess.
That's stupid. If the band liked it, the fans should too. Why would they take offense to it if the band doesn't?
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

If musicians felt as reverential toward their own work as their hardcore fans did, it would be a very unhealthy thing for the musicians. I'm glad Nirvana was able to laugh at themselves. If Kurt had been able to laugh a little more, maybe he'd still be around.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

on a tangent... I wonder how Al feels about that Onion article??
This means something. This is important.
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

weird_el @ Apr 22 2004, 02:41 AM wrote: on a tangent... I wonder how Al feels about that Onion article??
What Onion article?

Steve :blink:
¿
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

weird_el @ Apr 22 2004, 02:41 AM wrote: on a tangent... I wonder how Al feels about that Onion article??
I don't even want to know. I hope he doesn't know, and won't find out for a while. I am still furious about this.

Right now is the only multiple-day time off from touring Al has had since his parents died, which means that this is probably when the funeral is being held. I don't think Al is likely to find anything at all humorous about burying his father and mother.

And when I re-read this quote from Al:
"You use your common sense," Yankovic explained. "{Elton John's} "Candle in the Wind" would probably be a good example of a song you wouldn't want to make fun of. Or {a song by} an artist who recently went through a personal tragedy, like "Tears from Heaven" {which Eric Clapton recorded after his son's accidental death).
it seemed as though whoever wrote that Onion article decided to take the exact example Al gave of something too painful to use as a joke-- and use it as a joke. I just can't understand anyone trying so hard to be "edgy" that they were willing to indulge in this piece of cruelty.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Huh. And here I was led to believe the Onion liked Al. Go figure.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
WEIRDALFAN27
Addicted

Post by WEIRDALFAN27 »

Ummmm.......THIS TOPIC WAS MADE MY ME NOT IISRYAN!!!

ahem sorry but "I" made this topic.

Steve :peace:
¿
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, I guess your original suggestion was not acceptable, so they modified it, as per iisryan's.

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325