You Don't Love Me Anymore

Moderator: Moderators

WEIRDALexis279
Off The Deep End

Post by WEIRDALexis279 »

You Don't Love Me Anymore is one of my favorites. I like watching Steve and Bermuda in the video. I love it when Steve shoves the big chicken in his face! :lol: One of my favorite lines:

"You know I even think its kind of cute the way you posion my coffee just a little each day"- I crack up every time!
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

WEIRDALexis279 @ Jan 10 2004, 03:32 PM wrote: I love it when Steve shoves the big chicken in his face! :lol:

That's actually a ham. He actually broke a tooth while biting into it. Remember how Steve was holding the pig in an earlier part of the video?

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Rest well, my sweet prince
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

weirdallie27 @ Jan 10 2004, 04:08 PM wrote:
WEIRDALexis279 @ Jan 10 2004, 03:32 PM wrote: I love it when Steve shoves the big chicken in his face! :lol: 

That's actually a ham. He actually broke a tooth while biting into it. Remember how Steve was holding the pig in an earlier part of the video?

~Allison
And also how Jon flicked his Bic in the early part of the video -- then by the second half, his arm was on fire? And how Al picks up the guitar as if he was about to play it, then sets it down again without touching a string??

You have to be paying attention to get the subtlety of those jokes. Another reason I admire the man's work. These videos are quite literally living Mad Magazines.

[BTW, I think it was a stunt man with the enflamed [not inflamed] arm and not our man Jon. We never quite see his face as he runs off stage ...]

Doc
Bee bomp a chonk a donk bim bang boo !!
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

Elvis @ Jan 10 2004, 09:24 AM wrote: Yep, and he smashed a guitar at the end of each performance!

Dave
IIRC, smashed guitar pieces [especially ones signed by Al and/or TBITB] were at that time as hot a commodity as SLN cups and OMM shorts and scarves ...

Doc
Bee bomp a chonk a donk bim bang boo !!
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Dr_Dad @ Jan 10 2004, 07:22 PM wrote: IIRC, smashed guitar pieces [especially ones signed by Al and/or TBITB] were at that time as hot a commodity as SLN cups and OMM shorts and scarves ...

Doc
That would be a great song to bring back! I wanna see Al smash a guitar in concert!

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Dr_Dad @ Jan 10 2004, 07:19 PM wrote: [BTW, I think it was a stunt man with the enflamed [not inflamed] arm and not our man Jon. We never quite see his face as he runs off stage ...]

Doc
Yea- Whoever that was, it was definitely not Jon.

~Allison
Alfie
09/13/96 - 07/11/08
Tim E. Tanga61
Die-hard Fan

Post by Tim E. Tanga61 »

I love how Jon puts up the bic after Steve puts up the lighter. This was actually one of the first Al songs I really cracked up at through the whole thing. I was somewhat young when I heard it, so it was a lot funnier. It was one of the reasons I stayed listening to Al. Who would have thought I would collect all of his CD's, and then allow his sound to broaden my liking for different types of music? And it all started with this somewhat evil song. Whatever works, I suppose. :listen:
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

It's no big deal now, but I remember how shocking it was when Al said "made it". Granted, it's no "Beef Burrito" ( :lol: )......

I was privalaged enough to see Al perform it on the old "Hangin With MTV"....back when MTV knew how to put on a daily live show.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Doctor Hobo
Occasional

Post by Doctor Hobo »

I like this song a fair bit - it's amusing but people think it's strange when I sing it out loud.
?
Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

I thought Jon was the one with the welding torch, and Steve had the lighter. *runs off to watch it to see*
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela