You Don't Love Me Anymore

Moderator: Moderators

Miss Janine
Obsessed

Post by Miss Janine »

Ghostbusters 2 scared me, too...but only because of that *gulp* haircut that Janine had. Then it made it into the cartoon! *screaming*
Hmmm...something's gone horribly awry here...
Al Team 2772!
RIP Bela
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Barney Slayer @ Dec 16 2006, 06:21 PM wrote: When my sister first saw the video for YDLMA, it freaked her out and scared her.  Now she can't even hear the song.  Whenever we're listening to OTDE, or just some of Al's music, and it comes on, she gets scared and makes us skip it.
Well how old was she? I could see her being "scared" if she was fairly young and didn't understand the attempt at humor.
taste is only something if it is yours.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Well, I know my friend's little sister was scared when watching the Jurassic Park video because Barney's head gets bitten off. She loved Barney at that time. Thank goodness, she's grown out of that.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

She was eight or nine, so not too young. And I never let her become a fan of Barney, so that wasn't what upset her.
And Peggy
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I used to torture my sister with "The Night Santa Went Crazy." But that was when she believed in Santa Claus. When I look back on it now, I think how monstrously mortifying that must've been for her to hear. And singing along and dancing all around her while she cried probably wasn't very nice, either.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

My little brother was never scared of "The Night Santa Went Crazy". He didn't even mind it when I played it for him. I tried to scare him with it, but it didn't work.

As for YDLMA, I guess I can understand an 8 or 9-year-old being disturbed by the piano player. She obviously is not going to be one for any kind of violence in movies though.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Gadget Girl
Addicted

Post by Gadget Girl »

YDLMA is one of my favorite Al songs ever! We love the song, love the video! Oddly enough, it seems like we laugh harder every time we watch it. When we sing in the car, we all try to emulate the video as much as possible...sigh...so funny!
Hoping the Al goodness never ends...
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

I recently bought an interesting item. It's a 12" dance mix of YDLMA that was only released in the Phillipines. It's so incredibly bizarre it's hilarious.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Man, I've been so wanting to hear that thing ever since I heard about it on the rare items page...
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Even though this song has the occassional funny line, and even though the video has some funny sight gags, I feel like this song is a bit slow.