4/29/04--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
5/24/07--I MET AL, Melbourne, FL
7/24/10--I MET AL AGAIN, Boca Raton, FL
8/14/15--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
6/4/16--FRONT ROW & MET AL, WPB, FL
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

It's a style parody in that it's another element (like the cover art and first track) based on Nevermind--the hidden track of useless noise a few minutes after the last song.

FWIW, Nirvana released an extended version of "Endless, Nameless" as a B-side to "Smells Like Teen Spirit"...I wonder if there's an extended version of "Bite Me."
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I wouldn't even consider it a "style parody" really. It's just Al's way of making fun of Nirvana's completely pointless, loud screaming at the end of their album.

I really wish he'd do more stuff like that. Rather than just have the lead parody, actually parody the cover art of the original artist and other elements of their album as well. But especially the cover art. Since Al's albums are the ONLY ones I will still continue to buy on CD, now that iTunes has taken over, I hope he gives us good reason to have the actual album (not that I'd ever stop buying the actual CD, but still...)
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

I know this is from about a year ago, but I have an answer.
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 @ Apr 25 2005, 05:01 PM wrote: Just out of curiosity, does anyone have the iTunes program on their computer? If so, when you insert OTDE, does Bite Me show up as a track? Just asking because I have iTunes, and I think it would be awesome if I could get Bite Me onto the playlist. I would do it myself, but at the moment I don't own OTDE  :( (must get!!)
:P
Unfortunately, it does show up as one long track. But you can import it as YDLMA, and then go back and put Bite Me on later, if you want. First, select the track, and press Apple + I. Then go into Options, and put the Stop Time as 4:01. Make sure you do that before you import it, though. You can then go back and figure out what time Bite Me starts, and set that as the Start Time.
Begone, foul beast!
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

Cool! I never knew that. Thanks! :) I have since acquired OTDE and made a seperate track for Bite Me in Audacity, but I'm going to try that when I import it onto another computer. 8)
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

Glad I could help. :) Sort of helping.
Begone, foul beast!
cromulnt
Occasional

Post by cromulnt »

anthontherun @ Jan 28 2006, 10:41 PM wrote: It's a style parody in that it's another element (like the cover art and first track) based on Nevermind--the hidden track of useless noise a few minutes after the last song.

FWIW, Nirvana released an extended version of "Endless, Nameless" as a B-side to "Smells Like Teen Spirit"...I wonder if there's an extended version of "Bite Me."
"Endless Nameless" was actually on the "Come As You Are" single, and it's the same version heard on Nevermind, not an extended version. By the way, "Endless Nameless" is similar to "Bite Me" in that it's a noisy, scream-filled track, but it's considerably longer than "Bite Me" and actually somewhat reminiscent of an actual song, or at least an extended jam session.
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Hey, has anyone realized some copies of Off The Deep End don't have Bite Me? Man! I wanted to hear! And yes, I finally got a stinkin' copy...
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

weirdalfan95 @ Feb 14 2006, 05:32 PM wrote: Hey, has anyone realized some copies of Off The Deep End don't have Bite Me? Man! I wanted to hear! And yes, I finally got a stinkin' copy...
Are you sure about that? It's not listed in the track listings for any copy. You have to wait for a while after YDLMA ends and it comes on out of the silence. I'm pretty sure every copy has it.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Nope, it doesn't have it... You Don't Love Me Anymore is only four minutes one second long...
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater