Frank's 2000" TV

Moderator: Moderators

Mystik Tomato
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: All of them.

Post by Mystik Tomato »

Yeah... not the SOL tour.
Sever your leg, please. It's the greatest day.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

According to the archive of setlists at weirdal.com the only time Al ever had Frank as part of the set was when he toured Alaska in 1994.
This means something. This is important.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

JEDM @ January 12, 2009 06:16 pm wrote: Frank's 2000" TV?.... :huh:
Whoops, wrong topic. :S
And Peggy
Theguyoverthere
Occasional

Post by Theguyoverthere »

I looked in both sticky topics, and the link to what they claimed to be a Frank's 2000" TV topic is gone... So I hope you don't mind me starting a new one.

Frank Would be Proud..

This is probably my favorite song on Alapalooza... What do you guys think?
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

I think I found the orignal topic.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Theguyoverthere @ May 29, 2009 09:32 pm wrote: I looked in both sticky topics, and the link to what they claimed to be a Frank's 2000" TV topic is gone... So I hope you don't mind me starting a new one.

Frank Would be Proud..

This is probably my favorite song on Alapalooza... What do you guys think?
Somebody should check my math, but it looks like the Cowboys have TWO 2,105-inch TVs there. That's measured on the diagonal, of course* as TVs always were when Al wrote the song. Alas, there doesn't appear to be anybody named Frank in the Cowboys organization.

*using the famous theorem that states that The squaw of the hippopotamus is equal to the sons of the squaws of the other two hides.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
MrRooney

Re: Frank's 2000" TV

Post by MrRooney »

I made an a cappella arrangement of this. Haven't gotten it sung yet, though.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

After spending 4 years (excluding summers) among the redwoods at Humboldt State University - where a friend and I saw Al's concert at the Van Duzer Theatre in August 2010 - I always get a smile on my face when I hear Al mention the redwoods, making a great song even better for me.

I've since returned home to L.A., where the distinct lack of green space is disheartening for a nature-lover like me.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

avesjohn wrote:I've since returned home to L.A., where the distinct lack of green space is disheartening for a nature-lover like me.
Griffith Park, Runyan Canyon, Malibu Canyon, Angeles National Forest, Kenneth Hahn Recreational Park, Santa Monica Mountains, Balboa Park, Palos Verdes peninsula... Plenty of green spaces if you know where to look. Don't buy into the anti-LA hype! :Y
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Oh, I know of all the parks and open spaces, believe me. (That's where the birds are!)

It's more the overwhelming urbanization of L.A. compared to the immediately accessible natural spaces in the redwood curtain. The point being, there is no comparison.