Traffic Jam

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hmm, I've never heard that song. This song really reminds me of "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince. A lot.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I definitely hear the similarity there, but I still hear much more of "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince in "Traffic Jam." It's possible that the Sparks song was also inspired by Prince.

Also, the Sparks song was released in 1998, five years after "Alapalooza," so....
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

I'm pretty bad with telling which song its a style parody of, but I love it so much. Its so much fun in the car, especially in...well...traffic. I just mouth the words in my brother's car and look out the window while the cars slowly get closer to the intersection on Sunset BLVD. It's such a perfect moment.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, a lot of style parodies sound like more than one song. This one just happens to remind me of only one by Prince.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

algonacchick @ Jun 13 2007, 09:45 PM wrote: This one just happens to remind me of only one by Prince.
Same here with Me

Prince.......I just got a chill
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Once, I was listening to this song in one of my friends car CD player, and after the carbon monoxide line he skiped to the next song. What a jerk! :angry:
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

I'd never really thought about Trafic Jam being a style parody until I came to this forum. After being enlightened, I clearly recognised the "Purple One's" influence.

It is still one of my all time favourite Al songs.

weird user Posted on Jun 16 2007, 12:57 AM
What a jerk!

exactly!
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

weird user @ Jun 15 2007, 07:57 AM wrote: Once, I was listening to this song in one of my friends car CD player, and after the carbon monoxide line he skiped to the next song. What a jerk! :angry:
I would just skip back to it. :angry: No one skips Al song!
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
BigWeirdAlFan

Post by BigWeirdAlFan »

TMBJon @ Jan 10 2007, 10:02 PM wrote: Whenever a motorcycle zoomed by me, I always used to think of that line and imagined what would happen if I did open my door.
Know what's really funny about that line? Before this song was even written, I recall a time from my childhood, there were motorcycles zooming by Mom, Dad & I and I recall saying that we should open the door to see what happens. lol
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I like this song. Nothing spectacular, but fun nonetheless.