Traffic Jam

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Since I wouldn't want my door getting all smashed up, I would probably just pull over a little bit so they couldn't get through. That's more practical.
taste is only something if it is yours.
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

Barney Slayer @ Jan 9 2007, 05:48 PM wrote: Yeah, it does make a lot of sense that way.

But, the reason that confirms it is in Cali is that Cali is the only state in which motorcycles can drive in between the lanes during traffic.
Pretty clever, I never even realized that until now. I've just always imagined Al's songs taking place in CA (except for ones otherwise noted, like Albuquerque), just because he's from here.
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Just because the motorcycle zooms between traffic, doesnt mean that it was legal. Personally, if it was legal and someone went by me, I wouldnt think twice about it, but I always think of doing it when someone zips past me in traffic. And I have been stuck in traffic in many states. Heck, the state tree of Delaware is a traffic cone.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
DareToBeStupid
Occasional

Post by DareToBeStupid »

Traffic Jam is another great song by Al. I haven't really ever thought about where the song could take place. I always think of it when I get into traffic because it can happen anywhere.
Don't Fear The Future-God Is Already There!
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

One of my top 10 favourite Al songs. I really love the motorcyle line - used it for my sig, although had to toss up between it & the bran muffins (love that one too Patti). So many visual images, it always makes me smile when I'm stuck in traffic.

Never really thought about where it was set, assumed it was a fictional setting. The motorcycles in Australia go between traffic lanes - not sure if it's legal.
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
MaleHeffer
Addicted
Location: In The Middle Of Missouri, which hasn't had an AL sighting since 1992

Post by MaleHeffer »

every time I'm driving and this song comes up on shuffle, the honking at the beginning gets me! EVERY TIME!!! you'd think I'd come to expect it..but NO!
"MaleHeffer"
AL Team #1227

Still depressed i missed this last tour...
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

Narelle27 @ Jan 12 2007, 11:37 PM wrote: One of my top 10 favourite Al songs. I really love the motorcyle line - used it for my sig, although had to toss up between it & the bran muffins (love that one too Patti). So many visual images, it always makes me smile when I'm stuck in traffic.

Never really thought about where it was set, assumed it was a fictional setting. The motorcycles in Australia go between traffic lanes - not sure if it's legal.
Well, I don't know about how things stand over East, but my dad says that it's illegal here in Perth... But I love the motorcycle line as well. I only heard Traffic Jam for the first time yesterday (Why I haven't listened to my copy of Alapalooza in the month since I got it, I don't know), and I was on the bus at the time. It was great. :D

- Laurel -
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
Narelle27
Die-hard Fan

Post by Narelle27 »

The first time I heard it I was drinking something & nearly choked, I laughed so hard at the muffins line & it was all down hill from then on. I was crying by the time I heard the yuppie & motorcylist & it always pops in my mind when I see them weave through the traffic.

We were in traffic last week, real bumper to bumper stuff & guess what came on - on shuffle- we all laughed & we sang it & didn't give a hoot about the traffic after that. I have very sick kids!! :rolleyes:
there's a motorcycle zooming by me.....watch what happens when I open my door
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Narelle27 @ Mar 9 2007, 03:54 AM wrote: We were in traffic last week, real bumper to bumper stuff & guess what came on - on shuffle- we all laughed & we sang it & didn't give a hoot about the traffic after that. I have very sick kids!! :rolleyes:
That happens to me a lot. It's not nerve-wracking at all though. It even kind of helps sooth the fact that you're stuck in traffic away, even if you're running late for an appointment.
And Peggy
Paul Burns

Post by Paul Burns »

Big fan of this song, really doesn't get talked about but mannn someone tell me this song DOESN'T make you feel like dancing a jig