Talk Soup

Moderator: Moderators

childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

This is one of the funniest original songs Al has done, IMO. And sadly, it points out just what people are willing to say/ do in order to get on TV.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep
candyperfume

Post by candyperfume »

algonacchick @ Oct 20 2006, 10:46 AM wrote: That is not the only instance of two artists being parodied or even style parodied on one album. Even Worse had two Tommy James parodies on it.

Ah, just looked at the parody guide. A style parody of "Steam", eh? I love that song!
Could you please let me know where I can find the parody guide?

I have been using wikipedia, and they claim that TS is a parody of Stevie Wonder's "Superstitious".

thank you.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Well, here's the guide here on WOWAY.
taste is only something if it is yours.
candyperfume

Post by candyperfume »

thank you.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

I have to comment on the style parody, I pretty sure this is a style parody of "Superstition". The trumpet line is nearly identical. It also seems highly unlikely that "Weird Al" would put two Peter Gabriel style parodies on the same album. The Even Worse arguement also doesn't fit, because the two song by Tommy J. were rerecorded by different artists. It had nothing to do with the fact that they were originally by the same artist.
jkm555
Occasional

Post by jkm555 »

I have to agree with way_moby the trumpet line is identical. Is there even a trumpet in steam.
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

Just listened to a MIDI of "Steam", and although it sounds vaguley similar to "Talk Soup", it's just (for lack of a better word) too depressing. It also doesn't feature a distingusable turmpet line, like "Superstion", and it also doesn't have a chorus resembling "Talk Soup" at all. Now I know it was a MIDI, but they are usually close to the original thing. I'm sticking to my guns: Talk Soup is a take off of "Superstition" is the inspiration for "Talk Soup".
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Re: Talk Soup

Post by HappyGilmore »

Talk Soup is pretty good. I would rank it my favorite original off this album.
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Talk Soup

Post by Genius in Maine »

I wasn't a huge fan of this song when I first heard it, but for the most part, it has aged very well.
Weird Emily
Occasional

Re:

Post by Weird Emily »

HappyGilmore wrote:This song completely rules. Not my favorite song by AL, but my favorite off of Alapalooza. Good stuff.
aint my fav song by Al either, but its not rubbish, its a quite catchy song, and is a masterpiece saying that i love all Al`s songs! :foil: