Livin' In The Fridge

Moderator: Moderators

You gotta keep em' seperated
Die-hard Fan

Post by You gotta keep em' seperated »

I dont really count this as a food song but what they hey. I liked the short video i love it when al parodies the artist/music video directly.
And a weird thing is when i first saw this song on the list of al songs i thought it would be about a guy living in a fridge...... :S lol
I saw a face.
did it have a nose?
yes.
That DOES sound like a face!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

You gotta keep em' seperated @ January 21, 2009 08:35 am wrote: I dont really count this as a food song
No, it's more of a former-food song. Image
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
MidnightStar
Occasional

Post by MidnightStar »

I love this song! It is one of my favorites!

Is there anyway to download the clip from Al's show? I have that episode on my ipod, but I'd love to just have the clip...
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Find the clip on YouTube, and use a YouTube-to-MP3 converter.

Or just edit the song down to just that one clip of it in an audio editing program.
And Peggy
MidnightStar
Occasional

Post by MidnightStar »

Thanks! I'll do that! ^_^
running with Dutch windmills
Off The Deep End

Re: Livin' In The Fridge

Post by running with Dutch windmills »

A short part of Livin'in the fridge was aired in an item on Dutch TV yesterday . In a short mentioning about Aerosmith / Steven Tyler . The words were about Aerosmith looking for a new singer because of the problems that Steven Tyler has with an addiction :

It goes about Steven Tyler refuges to be put "In de IJskast = In the Fridge" , because he is the face of Aerosmith.

[url]hhttp://dewerelddraaitdoor.vara.nl/Home.631.0.html[/url], go Video >> uitzendingen >> 2 Februari , the short item starts at 1:26 min and ends at 1:53 min .
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Re:

Post by Killingsworth »

iancook wrote:Although I don't watch Mad TV anymore (becase it's really lame) I remember they had a really funny Aerosmith parody that merged like three songs from one Aerosmith album because all the songs sounded the same. It went something like "Crying, crazy cause i'm Amazing for you baby" Funny stuff.
This wasn't Mad Tv. This was Adam Sandler and Jay Mohr on SNL (but it was during one of their "lame" seasons)
Bruce the Duck wrote:"Living in the Fridge" was a good parody. But as a big Aerosmith fan, I am a little disappointed that he parodied one of my lesser-liked songs. There are so many much better Aerosmith songs that I wish he'd done instead. I actually like "Living in the Fridge" better than the original version, believe it or not.
Agreed. For a group that's been around as long as Aerosmith, I'm sure there were far more recognizable songs for Al to parody but he did a great job with this one nonetheless.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Re: Re:

Post by TMBJon »

caseyk27 wrote:For a group that's been around as long as Aerosmith, I'm sure there were far more recognizable songs for Al to parody but he did a great job with this one nonetheless.
According to the Permanent Record liner notes, Al had been a fan of Aerosmith for quite some time and always wanted to do a parody of theirs but the timing never worked out. There was one parody left to record for Alapalooza and Al was waiting to hear back from three or four artists. Aerosmith was the first to respond, so he went for it.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:According to the Permanent Record liner notes, Al had been a fan of Aerosmith for quite some time and always wanted to do a parody of theirs but the timing never worked out. There was one parody left to record for Alapalooza and Al was waiting to hear back from three or four artists. Aerosmith was the first to respond, so he went for it.
he also said he had "feelers" out to ther artists at the time...besides "Green Eggs and Ham" I wonder what other parodies were being considered that didn't get approved?

Does anyone know if Prince put out anything new in 1993?
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Killingsworth wrote:
TMBJon wrote:According to the Permanent Record liner notes, Al had been a fan of Aerosmith for quite some time and always wanted to do a parody of theirs but the timing never worked out. There was one parody left to record for Alapalooza and Al was waiting to hear back from three or four artists. Aerosmith was the first to respond, so he went for it.
he also said he had "feelers" out to ther artists at the time...besides "Green Eggs and Ham" I wonder what other parodies were being considered that didn't get approved?

Does anyone know if Prince put out anything new in 1993?
Prince had an album out in '91, Diamonds and Pearls. Also released an album in '92, The Love Symbol Album. Diamonds and Pearls had a few hits. Love Symbol had two or three minor hits in the US, but those same songs were big hits in the UK.

But it was Prince, so I doubt anything'd come of it.