Livin' In The Fridge

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Re:

Postby Way_Moby » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Killingsworth wrote:he also said he had "feelers" out to ther artists at the time...besides "Green Eggs and Ham" I wonder what other parodies were being considered that didn't get approved?


I thought "Green Eggs and Ham" was going to be on BHD?
User avatar
Way_Moby
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1414
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Re:

Postby Killingsworth » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Way_Moby wrote:I thought "Green Eggs and Ham" was going to be on BHD?


I think since "Numb" and "Alapalooza" were released in the same year, it would probably be too dated for BHD. Plus, it was on the 1993 Al Music special promoting "Alapalooza" so I think it's safe to assume it was planned for that album no matter what Wikipedia tells us. Besides, he already had a different U2 parody in mind for BHD.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...
User avatar
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End
 
Posts: 2868
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 am

Re: Livin' In The Fridge

Postby RyanHippFTW » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:09 pm

The reason, from what I've read, for "Green Eggs & Ham" not being released on any album was because permission was denied by the Dr. Seuss estate.
User avatar
RyanHippFTW
Off The Deep End
 
Posts: 2921
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:38 pm

Re: Re:

Postby Way_Moby » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Killingsworth wrote:I think since "Numb" and "Alapalooza" were released in the same year, it would probably be too dated for BHD. Plus, it was on the 1993 Al Music special promoting "Alapalooza" so I think it's safe to assume it was planned for that album no matter what Wikipedia tells us. Besides, he already had a different U2 parody in mind for BHD.


Yeah, GEaH was denied by the Seuss estate so he did "Cavity Search."
User avatar
Way_Moby
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1414
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Livin' In The Fridge

Postby HappyGilmore » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:10 am

RyanHippFTW wrote:The reason, from what I've read, for "Green Eggs & Ham" not being released on any album was because permission was denied by the Dr. Seuss estate.

So, he couldn't record it, but he's allowed to use it in a special?

I don't understand. I guess cause he wasn't selling it?
User avatar
HappyGilmore
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1892
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: Philly

Re: Livin' In The Fridge

Postby Yankomaniac » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:43 pm

Livin' In The Fridge would have fit really well in the new medley. Would love to see this parody live!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
User avatar
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End
 
Posts: 3593
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:50 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada \m/

Re: Livin' In The Fridge

Postby Way_Moby » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:20 am

HappyGilmore wrote:I don't understand. I guess cause he wasn't selling it?


From what I recall, MuchMusic let Al get away with A LOT of stuff that he could've never pulled off in the States.
User avatar
Way_Moby
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1414
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:19 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Livin' In The Fridge

Postby HappyGilmore » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:27 am

Way_Moby wrote:
HappyGilmore wrote:I don't understand. I guess cause he wasn't selling it?


From what I recall, MuchMusic let Al get away with A LOT of stuff that he could've never pulled off in the States.

Ah. Gotcha.
User avatar
HappyGilmore
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1892
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: Philly

Re: Livin' In The Fridge

Postby joseyklein » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:21 pm

You guys should just re-name this topic "Green Eggs & Ham"
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..
User avatar
joseyklein
Obsessed
 
Posts: 1649
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 am
Location: Sultan, WA

Previous

Return to Alapalooza

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest