Gump

Moderator: Moderators

cody
Die-hard Fan

Post by cody »

erkman27 @ Feb 4 2006, 07:53 AM wrote: There's actually a chain if restaurants called The Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. I went to one while I was in Florida and the waiter overheard me talking to my friends about Al. I told him there was a song called "Gump" (which of course was fitting). So he told me to sing it. I did and got a free lunch out of the deal. :whoot:
There was a bubba gump shrimp co in the mall of america when I went to the mall of america a few months ago. Unfortunatly I didn't get to eat there.
Kayy911
Obsessed

Post by Kayy911 »

i love the limousine at the end.
Those who say nothing is impossible have never tried slamming a revolving door.
massivifan
Occasional

Post by massivifan »

The music video is funny because everybodys so spastic and jumping around like maniacs. Also, Forrest roasts a marshmellow on a nuclear explosion. :lol:
Can I sniff the pit stains on your blouse?
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

insoft @ Feb 4 2006, 06:58 PM wrote: I'm wondering if Tom Hanks haves seen the video :D
That is a very good question.

Anyway, I actually like the video more than the song. The song is hillarious but I think the video is beyond funny. Expecially when he runs on the moon and into a pole. :D
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
sarahhh
Occasional

Post by sarahhh »

I LOVE the song, but i've never seen the video. Isn't he bald in it or something?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yes, he wore a bald cap to make himself look like Chris Ballew.

He looked funny!

See for yourself

:lol:
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Jake
Occasional

Post by Jake »

I wish they'd paid more tribute to the presidents video. Gump running around on a garbage boat or trying to give a tiny dog some chocolate perhaps.

Edit: I love how Al's Bassitar only has one string and Jim's Guitbass only has two that made me laugh, also the likeness between Bermuda and Jason Finn is uncanny.
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Actually, it's Steve on the guitar. Around that time, Jim had too much hair, so he couldn't get the wig on without having some of his hair sticking out. And yeah, I think the jokes were that the Presents Of The USA really do use instruments with only 1 or 2 strings! :lol:
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Jake
Occasional

Post by Jake »

was it Steve? Wow, ya learn something new every day. Yeah the presidents play with less strings than normal guitars, Chris Ballew's Bassitar has Two strings, dave Dederer/ Andriew McKieg's Guitbass has 3, Jason Finn's drums have 0
the27
Occasional

Post by the27 »

I actually the original song better. Lump is just funnier and has an indie feel, but I like in the video how they have the golden amp like Chris's and how they took off strings to recreate the basitar and guitbass.
http://www.myspace.com/malnourishedchildren

malnourished children: geeky electronic garage rock