The Alternative Polka

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End
Posts: 2908
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by Killingsworth »

You guys should check out my "repaired" version that I edited together...at least for comparison purposes...
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...

JohnnyLurg
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:54 pm
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"
Location: California
Contact:

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Killingsworth wrote:You guys should check out my "repaired" version that I edited together...at least for comparison purposes...
Megaupload was taken down by the FBI... can you repost your "repaired" version to Mediafire or something?
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn

User avatar
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End
Posts: 2908
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by Killingsworth »

JohnnyLurg wrote:Megaupload was taken down by the FBI... can you repost your "repaired" version to Mediafire or something?
Here it is on sendspace
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...

JohnnyLurg
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:54 pm
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"
Location: California
Contact:

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Killingsworth wrote:
JohnnyLurg wrote:Megaupload was taken down by the FBI... can you repost your "repaired" version to Mediafire or something?
Here it is on sendspace
Do you also have Greetings From Burgeropolis?
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn

User avatar
gtrmu
Off The Deep End
Posts: 4523
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:35 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by gtrmu »

Bravo! If it wasn't for the fact that the Buddy Holly portion was mixed differently than the rest of the polka, you wouldn't have been able to tell it was edited back in. It was a perfect edit! :clap:

User avatar
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End
Posts: 2908
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by Killingsworth »

gtrmu wrote:Bravo! If it wasn't for the fact that the Buddy Holly portion was mixed differently than the rest of the polka, you wouldn't have been able to tell it was edited back in. It was a perfect edit! :clap:
Thanks! I'd like to pride myself think it was the BEST Alternative Polka/Buddy Holly edit out of all the attempted ones on the internet. I think I used some free audio editor to mix down and adjust the volume of both clips until they were virtually the same.
JohnnyLurg wrote:Do you also have Greetings From Burgeropolis?
Actually, this can be found on YouTube if you search for it.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...

User avatar
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Posts: 20485
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:24 pm
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Contact:

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by TMBJon »

Killingsworth wrote:I'd like to pride myself think it was the BEST Alternative Polka/Buddy Holly edit out of all the attempted ones on the internet.
Kristine's is definitely the best. She fixed the EQ and you can't even tell it was spliced in.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.

User avatar
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End
Posts: 2908
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by Killingsworth »

TMBJon wrote:
Killingsworth wrote:I'd like to pride myself think it was the BEST Alternative Polka/Buddy Holly edit out of all the attempted ones on the internet.
Kristine's is definitely the best. She fixed the EQ and you can't even tell it was spliced in.
Huh, I don't believe I've heard Kristine's edit. Was it ever posted here?
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...

JohnnyLurg
Regular
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:54 pm
Awards: Discoverer of the elusive "Orgy On My Own"
Location: California
Contact:

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by JohnnyLurg »

Actually, this can be found on YouTube if you search for it.
Only five tracks from Burgeropolis can presently be found on YouTube.
not to mention the toilets at Madonna Inn

User avatar
Killingsworth
Off The Deep End
Posts: 2908
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:22 am

Re: The Alternative Polka

Post by Killingsworth »

JohnnyLurg wrote:Only five tracks from Burgeropolis can presently be found on YouTube.
Yes, and I think those are the only ones that are widely available. If the "full" version is still floating around, I don't think I've found it.
Life is a bowl of three-legged salamanders swimming around in an infinite ocean of strawberry jello...

Post Reply