Amish Paradise

Moderator: Moderators

Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Re: Amish Paradise

Post by Wizzerkat »

I have not listened to it, but apparently Coolio talks about Al and Amish Paradise in a podcast called the Chris Brake Show Podcast. Info article
http://www.pr.com/press-release/587132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is my dude a dweeb?
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Wizzerkat wrote:I have not listened to it, but apparently Coolio talks about Al and Amish Paradise in a podcast called the Chris Brake Show Podcast. Info article
http://www.pr.com/press-release/587132" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don't know if it's the same interview but I just stumbled across Coolio explaining his side of the story with Amish Paradise.
In hiding since 2010
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Driew sighting ZOMG

Has anyone ever asked Coolio what he thought of "Amish Paradise" as a parody? We all know that he eventually came around (and now even says it was stupid to turn it down) but I don't think I've ever heard him comment on whether or not he liked the song.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

That guy is very uncoolio.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Yankomaniac wrote:That guy is very uncoolio.
I agree, though I have to say it's nice to see that he's now fully, completely changed his point of view about it and admits he was totally in the wrong.

I was 10 years old when that feud was going on, and it was right after I started listening to Weird Al. Coolio was one of the biggest villains I had during that time of my life. I'm glad he's used his years of obscurity to reflect on career mistakes. As I recall, this "controversy" did bleed over into the mainstream and Coolio (and Al) had a few days of bad press because of it. I don't doubt that Coolio now realizes his attitude about Amish Paradise made him seem decidedly less gangsta, and it contributed to his fall from fame.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

There was a huge article in the Philadelphia Inquirer about Al at the time. I got quite a few pictures from it i hung up on my wall
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

minnick27 wrote:There was a huge article in the Philadelphia Inquirer about Al at the time. I got quite a few pictures from it i hung up on my wall
Samesies!
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
yank
Occasional

Post by yank »

And when Al takes his Amish hat off during the song, we see his Coolio hair sticking up! Why am I just noticing this NOW?
"First of all, I don't particularly MIND the rabid wolverine in my underwear...."

"I was not shocked by the power of the Internet," he said. "I was counting on it."

"IT'S THE WEEKEND!" At the Zoo.fm
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Congrats! That was your 27th post! I imagine it's your attention to detail that has not allowed you to notice it until now.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

After a few years of constant listening, I suddenly realised I have absolutely no idea what "hitching up a buggy" means :wacko: