Amish Paradise

Moderator: Moderators

Kitten
Obsessed

Post by Kitten »

He did? Wow. I thought they just recorded it backwards. Thats alot of Work!
w00t
SuperOy
Regular
Location: Living in your dandruff. It's quite pleasent there.

Post by SuperOy »

This is the song most people know Al by. It's a good song, but when I hear people say "OMG I OnLi LiK ThAt AmiSH soNG BuT WeIrD Al SuX LOL!", I want to curl up and die inside.
Tim E. Tanga61
Die-hard Fan

Post by Tim E. Tanga61 »

This is a favorite of mine because it's the lead track to one of my favorite albums. The words are very clever. He does a pretty good job with that Amish accent, and I like how he uses the cool new words at the end but still in an Amish accent. This is also one of his first raps when rap was really popular. This kind of showed me that I actually do like rap. I usually just don't like the words or singer. When I heard "Gangsta's Paradise" for the first time, I was disappointed. I like how Al changes the words in the chorus. Koolio, on the other hand, just says the same thing over and over: "We've been spending most our lives livin in a gangsta's paradise. We've been spending most our lives livin in a gangsta's paradise. We've been...etc." The music video is one of my favorites. It's very funny. I love how Steve's sun dial stops working. Also, the reversed scene amazes me. It had to have been difficult to learn to say all of the words backward to the correct tempo. Okay, I'm done now. I like this song...
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

This song will always be special to me because it was the first Al song I ever heard, back in 1996. It launched me into casual fandom, and prompted me to buy BHD, and to see Al live for the first time. Without Amish Paradise, I might not be an Al fan today.
I agree that it's not Al's best song, but it's a very good one. It was very cleverly done, and it really increased Al's popularity.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I think this just might be Al's best song. Very good.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

iisryan27 @ Jun 22 2004, 09:37 AM wrote: I think this just might be Al's best song. Very good.
I probably would have to agree with you. HUH! Did I just say that?! :lookaround:
In hiding since 2010
Themagic#27
Obsessed

Post by Themagic#27 »

Kevbo1987 @ Jun 22 2004, 05:52 PM wrote: This song will always be special to me because it was the first Al song I ever heard, back in 1996.
OMG! That's the very same year I became a fan! :o Wow! I was six and Katrina was seventeen, and we were having a sleepover. She randomly decided to introduce me, as my older uncle Kent had done for her, and I became a "casual" fan as well. It was eight years later, when the very same aunt, then 25, casually asked me if I wanted to go to a Weird Al concert. I vaguely remembered the old videos, and agreed. ((Besides that Jace had been trying to convert me to fandom for almost a year beforehand.)) The concert blew_me_away, and I bought OtDE and Alapalooza, got a copy of the tape of videos, and joined this forum, and became a major fan. Katrina is now 26, and I am now an obsessive fan and Al-Gal.

Wow, sorry I had to go into that huge origin story thing... :lookaround:
Are we playin' horseshoes, honey? No, I don't think we are...

♥Al-Team #6x7=42♥
Kayy911
Obsessed

Post by Kayy911 »

Hey In Amish Paradise At The End Why Is Everything Going Backwards?
Those who say nothing is impossible have never tried slamming a revolving door.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Kayy911 @ Jun 27 2004, 05:39 PM wrote: Hey In Amish Paradise At The End Why Is Everything Going Backwards?
Because Al FELT like it. :P
In hiding since 2010
Kayy911
Obsessed

Post by Kayy911 »

HA HA <_<
Those who say nothing is impossible have never tried slamming a revolving door.