Phony Calls

Moderator: Moderators

Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Bruce the Duck @ Apr 20 2004, 09:51 AM wrote: What's so "bad" about that word anyway? It's used in "Pinocchio!" Why is it that "ass" is considered dirty, but "butt" isn't? Al says "butt" in a ton of songs. What's the difference between that and him saying "ass?"

"Step one: Instead of ass, say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns hole." - Mr. Mackey
Good point. I don't think it's a big deal either.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

Slime Creatures did not have any bad words...

Though if you turn the volume all the way up at the end of that one, you'll hear "Who you gonna call? Slime creatures!"
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Bruce the Duck @ Apr 20 2004, 06:51 AM wrote: What's so "bad" about that word anyway? It's used in "Pinocchio!" Why is it that "ass" is considered dirty, but "butt" isn't? Al says "butt" in a ton of songs. What's the difference between that and him saying "ass?"

"Step one: Instead of ass, say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns hole." - Mr. Mackey
I agree Jeremy. Although some parents don't like their children saying those words. I guess WHiZZi's jus trying to be safe or something.....
In hiding since 2010
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Well, I made a joke utilizing that word in the Greatest Hits Survivor topic and nobody said anything about it so I think it's ok.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

I just wanted to say that i carefully listened to the song last night and he does say what is claimed to be said :huh:
alberta1
Obsessed

Post by alberta1 »

;)
Well, I made a joke utilizing that word in the Greatest Hits Survivor topic and nobody said anything about it so I think it's ok.

i've used slight slang before and it got moderated
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

One thing I've noticed about this song is that the Simpsons audio clip is normally cut in syndication. I wonder if Al intentionally got a clip that's usually cut in syndication.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I'm not sure. Maybe.

I remember I had heard that the clip was in the episode "Blood Fued", so when I saw it was TiVoed, I got really excited. Then I got upset when I saw it was cut, but I have it on DVD now, so it doesn't really matter anymore.
And Peggy
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

weirdojace @ Apr 14 2004, 12:20 AM wrote: Well, there isn't a Phony Calls thread yet, is there?

I was just wondering if anyone noticed this about the song. Okay, in the VERY last verse, when it fades out, turn your volume ALL THE WAY UP.

Never thought I'd ever hear Al say that...
Wow. I never noticed that before. I thought "Don't Download This Song" was the first time Al swore on the fade-out. I had to turn the volume all the way up on my earphones and bust my eardrums, but I heard it. It's definitely there.

And thank you, kevbo1987, for posting the transcript for what Moe said. I could never understand the ice pick line. I always thought he said, "I'm going to cough on you with an ice pick!" Which makes absolutely no sense.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I've got no problem with him saying it. Overall, it's still relatively clean and family friendly. Most musical comedians I've heard, are much more crude. Although, I can understand if someone was upset by it. But it is hard to hear.

I do like the song though. From what I've heard, not many people seem to like it.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.