the truck driving..mmm... sounds familiar..

Moderator: Moderators

martmercer
Occasional

the truck driving..mmm... sounds familiar..

Post by martmercer »

is it me or is 'the truck driving song' from RWS meant to be a sort of style parody of monty python songs?

i hope i'm not the only one to think this because in the song it reminds me of 'the lumberjack song' by monty python seeming as they are both about a masciline job and cross-dressing.......

what do you lot think?

:lookround: :lookround: :lookround: :lookround: :lookround: :lookround: :lookround: :lookround: :lookround: :lookround:

( you get the point, i'm puzzled!)
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I believe that somewhere in Ask Al he said thatit wa meant to be inthe Lumberjack Song style. I dont remember where, it may have been somewhere else though.

Mike
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

The joke of the song is certainly "Lumberjack-ian" but the style is very much along the lines of the old CW McCall truck driving songs. Thus the title. Truck Drivin' Song.

I suppose it was an obvious joke. Take a group of hyper-macho stereo-types and turn it on it's head. But even with Al, the obvious is pretty funny. I like the song because of it's country roots. And I have a soft spot in my heart for all the songs Al does where he sings in a lower range.
Aaron Basket

Post by Aaron Basket »

I was wondering that myself. There are a few more songs that remind me of something, but I can't think of them now. I'll post them later.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

There are a few more songs that remind me of something

I believe that's Al's whole job description...

BTW, I was listening to EW the other day at work. Someone was shocked to think that I would listen to Michael Jackson. Then she heard enough of the lyrics to realize that it really wasn't MJ. I told her that's exactly the reaction Al was looking for with that song :listen: