Polka Power!

Moderator: Moderators

Keir
Obsessed

Polka Power!

Post by Keir »

Didn't see a topic for this song on the big list, so I figured I'd start one.

My favorite part of the song is what I call the Marilyn Hanson part. I just love the juxtaposition of Marilyn Manson's "The Dope Show" next to Hanson's "MmmBop". For some odd reason I had that part stuck in my head when I woke up today and was singing it all morning. Unfortunately that resulted in Benjamin running around yelling "Dope Show! Dope Show!".
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I always liked that Manson-Hanson transition as well. This is probably my second favorite polka behind "The Alternative Polka." A lot of the bands used in the polka (particularly Harvey Danger) were bands who had songs I loved in 1998 or so.
taste is only something if it is yours.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

This is one of my least favorite polkas. I don't know why, maybe just because it pales in comparison to most of RWS, but it just doesn't do it for me.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

Any medley that features The Spice Girls has gotta be good. :lol:

But seriously. I don't mind this one. I like it, mainly cause I do like some of the songs featured in it.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
Danicrzy
Regular

Post by Danicrzy »

Last edited by Danicrzy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fan Since Discovery in 2003
I was born to experience Weird Al.
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

Danicrzy @ Feb 16 2007, 11:38 PM wrote: This is my favorite polka, with Alternative Polka being second. It is so fun and colorful sounding. I like some of the songs featured in it because that was a time in my life where I started listening to the radio, so I knew what songs he was doing.
Same here. I know all of these songs because these were the songs that I listened to when I was in preschool-kindergarten. I listened to a lot of music then so when I heard this I was like, "I remember!" I actually can't believe that I remember songs from 8 years ago, then again my dad can remember the songs he heard when he was 13.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
jerAL
Obsessed

Post by jerAL »

weirdalisthephantomoftheopera @ Feb 16 2007, 06:01 PM wrote: I actually can't believe that I remember songs from 8 years ago, then again my dad can remember the songs he heard when he was 13.
So can I- and that was 40 years ago! Some things stick with you forever.
...man is distinguished from all other creatures by the faculty of laughter.
-Joseph Addison
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I certainly don't remember listening to music in preschool-kindergarten.
taste is only something if it is yours.
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

My dad is a big music person, especially classic rock, which I have grown to love as well. I was in the car a lot because I did a lot of acting back then. Some many auditions and long drives to the shoots usually gave me a lot of car time with the radio. Some songs stick to you after being in the car for an audition, shoot, wardrobe for another shoot, and then the long ride home.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

Topic Ressurection:

Polka Power! DEPOLKAFIED

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jd2bn0