The Weird Al Show Theme

Moderator: Moderators

joelf16

Post by joelf16 »

This one didn't have a topic yet so well what the hey. I was just curious did Al just take this from a previous recorded track or do you think AL re-recorded it in the studio again?
"Is everything alright? Are you ok? Balloon!"
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

I'm sure he just took the original recording and threw it on the album. As he has said before, studio time is expensive.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

He probably recorded it for the show and had it on some type of device (A CD probably) which he added onto the album. I like the song, but it felt like a filler for the ALbum.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

weirdalisthephantomoftheopera @ Feb 19 2007, 06:56 PM wrote: He probably recorded it for the show and had it on some type of device (A CD probably) which he added onto the album.
Or he most likely just recorded and mixed it the same way he does all of his album tracks, probably thinking ahead from the get-go about some kind of album release. After all, some songs in the past have sat in the can for two years before being released, so it's probably not difficult at all to save completed tracks for future use.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Re: The Weird Al Show Theme

Post by LaikaComeHome »

I love this song, it's so goofy and upbeat and lyrically creative! Though YMMV on The Weird Al Show (I thought it was alright, I don't think Al's that much of a jerk on the show TBH).
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.
basecubed

Post by basecubed »

Does anyone know who did the animation for this song? Was it three groups, or just one? Thanks!
Heds
Obsessed

Post by Heds »

basecubed wrote:Does anyone know who did the animation for this song? Was it three groups, or just one? Thanks!
Three groups/people. I remember knowing the name of one of them - I think they were the same person who animated the Jurassic Park video, if I recall correctly - but now I’ve forgotten it. Sorry to not be of much help.
aaaa

//heds

https://twitter.com/birdhousey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Teridax
Occasional

Post by Teridax »

The CGI segment was done by DNA Productions, who also did the Fatman segments from the show. Their best known other production is probably Jimmy Neutron. The stop-motion segment was done by Mark Osborne and Scott Nordlund, who also did the Jurassic Park video, yes.

Does anyone know who did the traditional cel animation? It's actually quite impressive in quality, comparable to an episode of Animaniacs, in my opinion.