Grapefruit Diet

Moderator: Moderators

HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I love Grapefruit Diet. Actually, I'd dare say it's my favorite parody off of Running With Scissors. I loved the original version, but yet, when it's played on the radio, I can't help but sing Al's version.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
U62
Die-hard Fan

Post by U62 »

GD is one of Al's most underrated parodies. Great music that you can dance to, witty lyrics, easy audience participation, it's got it all! Little kids love it too.
My name is U62 and I approved this message!
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

I love Grapefruit Diet. I've never thought of it as a sequel to Fat. I like that analogy. Hey, there's always room for more fat jokes.
BigWeirdAlFan

Post by BigWeirdAlFan »

I've always enjoyed GD!! I LOVE singing to it and I'll even sing to myself while working.
Mr. Rooney
Occasional

Post by Mr. Rooney »

I sang this song for a talent show at this summer program back when I was about 14. I got second place for it!
"Lesbian Nazi hookers, abducted by UFOs and forced into weight-loss programs, all this week on Town Talk."
BigWeirdAlFan

Post by BigWeirdAlFan »

Sweet! Of course it's late, but congrats!!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I'm watching raw footage from a reality show (it's a living...) and someone mentioned that their ex-boyfriend got on the Grapefruit Diet and lost 75 pounds in one summer. The thing is, she said the way that diet works is the more fatty foods you eat the better because the acid in the grapefruit dissolves all the fats away.
If this is the case, does that mean the protagonist in this song is mistaken (get those jelly donuts outta here, etc)?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

Yes because people on reality shows always know exactly what they are talking about! :rolleyes:

J/K :lol: but my vote is the guy lost a leg that summer!
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Your attitude is not appreciated, BabyBoobie.

But anyway, how many grapefruits does it take to erase a jelly donut??
taste is only something if it is yours.
BabyBoolie27
Obsessed

Post by BabyBoolie27 »

Well, Well, Well @ December 01, 2008 08:58 pm wrote: Your attitude is not appreciated, BabyBoobie.

But anyway, how many grapefruits does it take to erase a jelly donut??
:S I was joking sorry if it sounded mean!
I like all animals...well except for monkeys, because they climb all over your face and slap you!