Albuquerque!

Moderator: Moderators

Chimpbizkit
Occasional

Post by Chimpbizkit »

I can do it, just not exactly the same, a couple of words are usually different thats all
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I can do it...

Just...Ahhhh! So much to do! Why am I online? Ahhhhh!

~runs around, freaking out~

I have to pack some more!

-CindyBob

:stupid:
Yank27
Obsessed

Post by Yank27 »

May fave to sing is Everything You Know Is Wrong. That one didn't take me any time to memorize! Whoo ha!

Really? That was the first song I memorized off of BHD, and it has been one of my favorites too!!
27central

Post by 27central »

Hey, thats one of my faverites too!
Obbsesed
Occasional

Post by Obbsesed »

Now I do have it memorized. I sang it for my friends at camp over and over so that helped. (We couldn't have CDs or anything) Sometumes I studder on the words, though.
Andrew
Occasional

Post by Andrew »

Well, to tell you the truth, you really can't proove you can't sing something on the internet. For all I know you could sing al's songs backwards and forwards, even picking up the few subliminals in each verse. Well, I'll say I can sing all the songs in one long breath but with the ability to have an oxygen tank near by. :)
Cartunedude
Occasional

Re: Albuquerque!

Post by Cartunedude »

How many folks around here can sing Albuquerque all the way through?

I can. It came in very handy for entertaining my cousins when we didn't have any Al tapes in the car..."Sing Albuquerque! PLEEEEASE?" And who am I to refuse two charming little Al fans?

Smegabyte *And now they can almost sing it!*

I know the song pretty well, though I'm known to screw up a lyric here and there...

Bob

:stupid:
WeirdAlFanatic27
Addicted

Post by WeirdAlFanatic27 »

well, i've been trying but i can say the fast part in horiscope without taking a breath!!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I know Albuquerque is rarely performed live. How about we hear from someone who has seen it live? I have a picture in my mind, but I'm sure my imagination doesn't do it justice.

Also, on weirdal.com Bermuda lists in the "had to be there" setlist an Albuquerque - fake out version. Was anyone here there for that? Don't tell me that Al would tease his audience and then not deliver...

And because I wonder these things: Why Albuquerque? Is it just so he could sing his name over and over?

ALbuquerque! ALbuquerque! ALbuquerque!
Smegabyte
Occasional

Post by Smegabyte »

Yes, Al did Albuquerque in...surprise! Albuquerque!

Bermuda was nice enough to bring that video clip along with him to AlCon 3. The whole thing with the fake version was that Al had been torturing the audience for a long time. "We're gonna play a really long song...Inna Gadda Da Vida! Go!" He faked em out with Mr. Frump, IGDV, and a version of Wipe Out played in four keys at the same time (which sounded horrible, yet hilarious!). He finally told the audience (who had been screaming for Albuquerque) that he was gonna sing Albuquerque. The crowd went nuts...and Al started singing the fake-out version, which was bouncy and bubbly and not at all like the real thing. He left the stage (which he'd been doing after every song, as I recall) and then ran back on as the band wailed out the beginning of the real thing.

Man, I wish I'd been in Albuquerque that night.

Smegabyte *and I've heard that he put extra donut names in the song*