The Saga Begins

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Wow...I never thought the video was even that good. In fact, it's one of my least favorites off the video collection DVD. None of the extra characters in it were actual Star Wars characters (although I do remember catching a glimpse of Yoda). But Al playing Obi-Wan could count, I guess.
taste is only something if it is yours.
sethmartin
Regular

Post by sethmartin »

I think the video sucks. I mean it's got it's moments, but nothing much happens and it kind of drags on. The pentiums video was 1000 times better
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

The TSB video got up to 5, I think, right after SOL was released on iTunes.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I always liked the video. Then again, it was the second video I ever saw of Al's. Come on, Al just using some Jedi tuning powers there. ;) Plus I liked the little things of the video for it such as Dark Rubén, the random dances of the aliens, and other such things.
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I think the song was so unbelievably pertinent when it came to Star Wars Episode I, that the video was somewhat fated to be unimpressive. What could Al really do? The best part of the video is the 27 Als singing the final chorus at the end. That part of the song's always given me the chills.

I agree the "It's All About The Pentiums" video is much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much better. In fact, I bought RWS after I saw "Pentiums" premiere on TRL. I guess that's how much I disliked "The Saga Begins" video.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

The blog I found this on is much too NSFW to link to here, but I liked this:
...we went out in the backyard with some lemonade and our guitars and Sr. Gabby, Miss and I jammed. We taught her American Pie and half an hour later we had all the nuns singing the the Weird Al version!
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
dynaboyj
Occasional

Post by dynaboyj »

This is definitely one of my favorite songs by Al and the main reason Running With Scissors is my favorite Al-bum. I think he should've kept the look he had in the music video. I think it was shot before Running With Scissors was even released, because he grew his hair out pretty shortly after that, I think.
I ate half a million chalupas, and I got fat.
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

dynaboyj @ October 31, 2009 10:52 am wrote: I think he should've kept the look he had in the music video. I think it was shot before Running With Scissors was even released, because he grew his hair out pretty shortly after that, I think.
Lol.
:rolleyes:
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

dynaboyj @ October 31, 2009 03:52 pm wrote: This is definitely one of my favorite songs by Al and the main reason Running With Scissors is my favorite Al-bum. I think he should've kept the look he had in the music video. I think it was shot before Running With Scissors was even released, because he grew his hair out pretty shortly after that, I think.
Yes, but with short hair, he looks too... normal. I dunno, an afro was kinda funny before, and seeing a rasta haircut now is fun too. Not to mention without his glasses and with short hair he really looks like someone else. He didn`t have a face saying "I am Weird Al Yankovic". For a while, before I knew it was Al, I thought it was someone else on the video.
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
louietheweaselfaceddogboy
Obsessed

Post by louietheweaselfaceddogboy »

Ah, the times when n00bs are conversing...