The Saga Begins

Moderator: Moderators

Al's #27 fan
Obsessed

Post by Al's #27 fan »

I thought I should make a topic for it, because there wasn't one, and I like the song. :D It was my first Al song (I think - either this or Yoda.), and I really like it. Discuss the song, music video, and anything else about it here.
Begone, foul beast!
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

This songs awesome! The video is also very good!
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Love the parody and the original. American Pie was one of my favorites, just like Al said it was one of his. :D TSB is obviously shorter than the original, but I think Al did a very nice job. When I heard that Don McLean said that his kids were Al fans, and would play TSB all the time, I thought that was cool. He said because he'd hear that song all the time, it would mess with his brain when he had to perform American Pie. He said he would hear Al's lyrics in his head. hehe! Now that's a compliment! :D
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

TSB will always have a special place in my heart. It's the song that made me a fan. :inlove:
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

This song told the story of Anakin better in 4 minutes than Phantom Menace did in 2 hours.

My favorite parody.

Al makes a lovely Jedi troubadour.
This means something. This is important.
CB Johnny
Addicted

Post by CB Johnny »

It's better than the movie itself (Phantom Menace) because we never hear Jar Jar speak in it. <_< :P
Visit Elvis' website to read "The Completionist Guide" for accessing all sorts ofWeird Al songs (and sometimes ridiculously miniscule) be it rare gems or ridiculously miniscule from 1973 to 2019. weirdalstar.com/uhf/
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I really like TSB. It's a really great parody and Al's voice sounds fantastic in it. The first time my Mom heard the song, she said, "Wow! I never realized he has such a great voice!". She loves listening to the song, and every time she hears it, she compliments Al's voice. I also really love the song live, especially when Al holds the "he's" for about 30 seconds before singing "a ghost".
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
jeffrey
Addicted

Post by jeffrey »

Good parody with pretty clever lyrics. The video is pretty good too. I like the end when all the Al's are singing. Like he got cloned. Which was the premise of episode 2 except they switched Al with Jango.
When did we get a chair on the porch? This is crazy.....
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

Al's #27 fan @ Aug 9 2005, 08:35 PM wrote: It was my first Al song (I think - either this or Yoda.)
Me too, I think Yoda was first for me, but TSB sticks out more, just because they played it a lot on Radio Disney. :D

Good song, good video. I also think that his vocals on this are exceptionally good (not that other tracks aren't, of course ;)) But at the end, Al kind of looks like Clay Aiken when he's cloned (sorry Al), proving that computer animation has come very far in the past...*counts*...6 years. Al did a good job on the video even without the kind of budget he would have liked. 8)
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
thepowerofpolka
Addicted

Post by thepowerofpolka »

Yeah, I like this song too. It wasn't my first Al song, but it still stands out as one of my Al favorites.
"Why would I wanna eat liver? I don't even like liver."