The Saga Begins

Moderator: Moderators

StinkyCheese

Re: The Saga Begins

Post by StinkyCheese »

JEDM wrote: I doubt it was something about "Attack of the Clones" unless there was a confirmation of the title/plot back in 1999. "Clones"came out in 2002.
That is true, but even IF the title wasnt announced, even in the original Star Wars for example, Princess Leia's message to Obi Wan started with "...Years ago you served my father in the clone war..." so it was a known thing. But if not that, i don't know what its a reference to.
My significant other is German. Does that mean they will make me eat a BIG BOWL OF SOURKROUT?!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Wait so no one else gets that joke either?
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I love this song, yet I'm not a Star Wars fan in the least. Granted, I did see Phantom Menace when it came out, going in thinking "I'll give it a shot, it can't be any worse than the originals." That's all irrelevant, though.

Saw the song live for the first time last night, with all the Stormtroopers, etc. Really makes a great live show song.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I always just thought it was a joke based on the fact that in the song multiple voices are singing the finale, so Al just had the editor make it look like there were suddenly many copies of him in the desert singing.
And Peggy
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Big Spoon wrote:I always just thought it was a joke based on the fact that in the song multiple voices are singing the finale, so Al just had the editor make it look like there were suddenly many copies of him in the desert singing.
that part always gave me the chills. i never really considered it a joke, though that interpretation always seemed right.
taste is only something if it is yours.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Ah, ok. So that's what I had been going off of all these years- just wanted to see if there was also a Star Wars joke there or not. I am guessing there are tons of Star Wars jokes I am not getting in that video.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

JEDM wrote: I doubt it was something about "Attack of the Clones" unless there was a confirmation of the title/plot back in 1999. "Clones"came out in 2002.
Wow I guess Al can tell the future... But then again.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

In case some of you Blu-Ray fans still weren't convinced on getting this, Lucasfilm announced this morning that the "Saga Begins" video will be an extra on the upcoming "Star Wars: The Complete Saga" six-movie Blu-Ray set due this September. It will be featured in a special section all about various mass media spoofs of the series.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scott
Occasional

The Saga Begins video is an extra in Star Wars Blu-ray set

Post by Scott »

From the Web site announcing the details of the 9-disc Blu-ray box set, one of the bonus features on disc 9 is:
Star Wars Spoofs (2011, Apx. 91 Minutes): The farce is strong with this one! Enjoy a hilarious collection of Star Wars spoofs and parodies that have been created over the years, including outrageous clips from Family Guy, The Simpsons, How I Met Your Mother and more — and don't miss "Weird Al" Yankovic's one-of-a-kind music video tribute to The Phantom Menace!
The set's release date is 9/16 (in the U.S., 9/12 internationally)
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Thats pretty cool! I dont own any of the Star Wars movies, although I should.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!