The Saga Begins

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Kevbo1987 @ Aug 10 2005, 08:58 AM wrote: Al's voice sounds fantastic in it. The first time my Mom heard the song, she said, "Wow! I never realized he has such a great voice!".
Exactly. My first reaction when I listened to it was "Weird Al can really sing??" It was the quality of his voice and the skill of the musicians that moved me from "The Eat It guy? Yeah, he's really funny!!!" kind of fan to the OTDE fan that you all know today. And it was TSB that showcased that for me.

:inlove:
Manda
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Manda »

I think its a pretty good song. I would rather listen to it, then see the Star Wars movie. The video is actually what I like the most. Mostly because of that wig, but thats for a different topic. I agree, he does have a good voice in this song. Overall I think its a good parody.
Al team # 2836
badgerate22beans
Occasional

Post by badgerate22beans »

actually i was disappointed in the music video, i think that there was a lot of things that he could have done to make it better
November Rain-Guns N' Roses
The Best Music Video Ever
Carol
Obsessed

Post by Carol »

The video is what made me a fan. As I was watching it, I realised two things: This guy has uber skills, and this guy is hot. I guess I kind of had a mental block over the long hair, because it never appealed to me before, but now I think a ponytail and goatee is awesome. I guess the TSB video was a stepping stone or something. :P
Since then I have overplayed it and got kind of tired of it, but I still like it.

*slinks away to the drool topic*
Carpe Musica

I'm not being condescending, I'm too busy thinking about far more important things you wouldn't understand.
WeirdAbbott
Off The Deep End

Post by WeirdAbbott »

this is a good song, but i don't like listening to it, it's one of those songs where you have to sing along with it
amiright.com/parody/authors/abbottskelding.shtml
youtube.com/WeirdAbbott
facebook.com/TheAbbottSkelding
soundclick.com/TheAbbottSkelding
facebook.com/AbbottSkeldingDesign
weird_indiana

Post by weird_indiana »

Just saw this video for the first time today and I loved it. Now the real question is why he didnt keep his hair short makes the man "according to my mother" a lot hotter (eww) But good video
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well when he did the "Unplugged" promo fro MTV he really liked the wig and said he considered styling his hair that way until someone reminded him that his hair his so curly it wouldnt look like the wig. I assume it would be the same for TSB.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

When I first heard TSB, it was probably what turned me into an Al fan. But the first two times I ever heard an Al song, it was sung by someone else.

I know almost know all of the lyrics to TSB.
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

My dad is in a band, and the Bass player/Singer really likes Al. They actually perform American Pie, and he told me that shortly after hearing TSB for the firstt time, he sang the TSB lyrics instead.
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

*bump-a-dump*

I just looked at the Top Music Videos Chart on iTunes, and TSB is at #20!
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?